Rega

Paul Graham

If you've got any noticeable issues with speed, it's probably worth picking one up on here/Ebay/etc, as they can be adjusted to tune it in perfectly. Or if you have a lot of 45s and are lazy about changing belt. 

But as for 'lifting veils' or 'blacker blacks' - not to these ears!

Sorry to be so ignorant, as I know screw all about electronics! I received a new Rega P3 today. The last turntable I owned 15 years ago had an earth cable that ran alongside the phono cable and attached to a binding post on the amp. The P3 has no such earth cable so I guess it’s earthed through the Rega plug. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks. M.

Hi Marko, no need to worry about earthing. Just plug, play and enjoy!

That's one of the great things about Rega turntables; there's very little set up - it's all about listening to the music. Even changing carts is a breeze.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I noticed there is an Aethos on Ebay for £2k, which is pretty good. Not mine, btw - not planning to shift mine along anytime soon as I love it.

In saying that, somebody picked up a bargain the other day - an Osiris went for £2500! I contemplated putting in a bid before realising I don't have any money anyway!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone-

sorry if this is the wrong forum and/or topic to ask this question but Iam a little desperate for any kind of advice and finding it very difficult to know how to contact Rega directly? Basically I have a friend who is a Rega dealer. I paid him £2600 in November 2020 for a Rega RP8 with Apheta 3.

it is June 5th 2021 today and I still have nothing to show for it. Is this kind of production delay normal? Due to an imminent post-covid country? I could be forgiven for thinking he’s taken me for a ride although I’ve known him for 20 odd years and he did furnish me with my first Rega TT! If it is normal progress then I don't want to offend him by implying anything untoward. so you see my dilemna. Please .... someone set my mind at ease here? Thanks -

Edited by Pauli

40 minutes ago, Pauli said:

Hi everyone-

sorry if this is the wrong forum and/or topic to ask this question but Iam a little desperate for any kind of advice and finding it very difficult to know how to contact Rega directly? Basically I have a friend who is a Rega dealer. I paid him £2600 in November 2020 for a Rega RP8 with Apheta 3.

it is June 5th 2021 today and I still have nothing to show for it. Is this kind of production delay normal? Due to an imminent post-covid country? I could be forgiven for thinking he’s taken me for a ride although I’ve known him for 20 odd years and he did furnish me with my first Rega TT! If it is normal progress then I don't want to offend him by implying anything untoward. so you see my dilemna. Please .... someone set my mind at ease here? Thanks -

Just call another dealer to see how long it takes if they ordered one. Rule of thumb tho, you NEVER pay a dealer (friend or not) full value at ordering. 10% is the norm. 
Rega have no direct contact 

That definitely doesn’t sound right. I assume it’s the P8 (not older RP8) you’ve ordered - there should be plenty ready to go from the Rega factory. 

For reference, I recently ordered a P10/Apheta3 combo from a dealer. They took 10% deposit and it took 3-ish weeks to get from Rega to the dealer, then a further two days to get to me. 

If you are on the Pinkfish forum you can ask a representative from Rega on there - Paul Darwin. But I suspect he will confirm that despatch times are 3-4 weeks from the factory. 

Posted (edited)

4 months ago, I ordered a Rega with Hana cartridge. Dealer delivered it within a month, so there doesn’t appear to be a problem at Rega

I really hope you resolve this situation Pauli.

Edited by marko

On 04/06/2021 at 18:01, Pauli said:

Hi everyone-

Pauli if you’re on Twitter or any other social media I’d contact Rega that way. 

Thanks ever so much guys for the replies. Just goes to show that sometimes your “friends” are anything but! I will act upon the advice given - thanks one and all!

2 minutes ago, Pauli said:

Thanks ever so much guys for the replies. Just goes to show that sometimes your “friends” are anything but! I will act upon the advice given - thanks one and all!

I would seriously suggest you go round and get back your money. Did you get a receipt?