Sign in to follow this  

Scalford 2014 is go..........

Super Wammer
Great write up for correctness you need to change the quote made by sligolad as it was the better looking guy with the George Clooney charm and rugged chiseled features of Daniel Craig that spoke positively about your yellow system.

:-) Its just taken from this thread, so the words are those of your equally attractive co-conspiritor. Besides, I'm sure you both loved what you heard ;-)

My wife's comment just now when told about my son's interest in exhibiting -

"It is better than him getting into prostitutes and drugs, I suppose.". :D

Little does she know! :shock:

:^

Hah. I apologise for digging up old threads, but reading this did make me chuckle. I actually only mentioned hiring a room for this year once, and it was my dad that kept the subject running. I think he was really keen on the idea of us having a room. Little did I know he actually booked one, but had to cancel it because he was too ill.

What's the craic with booking a room for next year? Do I need to do this in advance? It'd be nice to come down with my "retro" system and play some of my dad's favourites, and of course fill myself up on mobray pie.

No just run away, go with the prostitues and drugs thing,, its much less hassle.

John,

As a Huddersfield resident of the Yorkshire massive I am happy to help with transport etc.

A room share is a good idea so you get a break, let me be the first to offer but I am sure that there will be others here who will so I won't be offended :)

Paul

No just run away, go with the prostitues and drugs thing,, its much less hassle.

+1, although I tried that in my teens and it didn't work out so great :doh:.

Just look at what it has done to you Colin:whistle:

I did not claim it was good for you

No just run away, go with the prostitutes, booze, fast cars, fast women and drugs thing,, its much less hassle expensive

fxt

John,

As a Huddersfield resident of the Yorkshire massive I am happy to help with transport etc.

A room share is a good idea so you get a break, let me be the first to offer but I am sure that there will be others here who will so I won't be offended :)

Paul

I room shared with Paul at this years show

It helped him POP his Cherry :D

John,

Paul

Excellent. Well, I was planning to come down with a friend, who I've siphoned off a bit of the spare equipment we had lying around to (he squealed with delight when I actually gifted him a pair of Ditton 44s). And I am attempting to coax another friend into coming with me, who I've been trying to ease into the wonderful world of hi fi for a while, so there may be 3 of us. The plan was to stop off in Loughborough overnight before we drove over to the show and take a trip to the Organ Grinder for a few bevvies and a Chinese. Basically the plan that me and my Dad set out. This way I'm not encroaching on anyone's weekend, and we can all take turns in playing music. I've warned my friend off playing screamo rock. He likes to wear his jeans tight and has one of those strange magnifying glasses in his ear lobe, I think he's a bit on the fence.

Do you think this is possible or would you guys suggest I did differently?

Do you think this is possible or would you guys suggest I did differently?

possible but a big rush I'd say to get everything brought in & set up, risk if you are delayed then you will end up parking some distance away :nerves:

don't underestimate the time it takes to rack & cable up, guess that it depends how much kit you plan to take

as Al said my first this year and I am VERY glad that I stayed over on Saturday . . great curries, beer, good banter and a chance to listen to the the systems up & running in the big rooms in a relaxed way

sure others will comment

Yes, those in the know try to arrive on Saturday and stay over in the hotel. Arriving Sunday morning is a hassle - the parking is already in short supply and you will be rushing to get set up.

Screamo rock will be fine - Scalford is NOT the kind of show where everybody plays safe jazz or Pinks/Dires. Bring it on! :^

If you can stay on the Saturday,do. It makes exhibiting more relaxed, and Sunday morning easier. Saturday night is good g

fun, faces to names, good craic an all that. Down side is that Sunday morning may come sooner than you hoped through a hangover haze. If you can not stay, you can usually get help getting kit to your room, and setting up and the first hour all just blur together.

Mebbe do Loughborough on Friday night and Scally on Saturday night - it's a top craic :^

This seems like the most sensible plan. If sensible equates to having two nights on the razz instead of one, which is fine by me.

play what you want!

my youngest visitor requested the Eagles, one of the more mature visitors requested 'harder' so he got Metallica and Sisters Of Mercy, he seemed happy, plan on bringing some Propellerheads next year and maybe some Quo for the teenagers :)