Sign in to follow this  
JamPal

Time for ME to thank YOU!

I've mentioned this before - we already have a two day event. I arrived on Saturday at about 3 and played music until around 12.30

Sunday 10am - 5pm = 7hours

Saturday 3 pm - 12.30am = 9.5 hours.

I've mentioned this before - we already have a two day event. I arrived on Saturday at about 3 and played music until around 12.30

Sunday 10am - 5pm = 7hours

Saturday 3 pm - 12.30am = 9.5 hours.

Lightweight :D

it is two days, you turn up Saturday, unpack, set up as far as you can, drink a bit, eat a bit, drink some more, listen to some music, chat, drink some more, (getting the picture). fall into bed, wake up at silly o'clock 'cos some daft sod wants to put your bed in a bog or something. At somewhere between 9-30 and 10-00 you here the thunder of hooves down a corridor, your room door opens a little tentatively, and that's it, you play music, chat, play some more music, people swim in and out of your vision, faces change, but interest, attitude and general demeanour don't. It just a fantastic couple of days. The ''spirit of the wam'' does actually take up residence for a little while in pie town, and in the main inflicts those who cross its portals with a sprinkle of what makes this place special. It misses the odd mardy bastard, but not many. I could not see the show spread out further than it does, it already covers 3 days (kind off) for some. The exhibitors spend a few quid to do it, and I don't think that would stretch.

I've exhibited 4 times and once came as a visitor, and although it's bloody hard work, especially schlepping EMTs up two flights of stairs, it's as much fun as anyone can have with their clothes on, or at least as much fun as I can have with my clothes on at my age. I may not exhibit next year unless I can think of something different to do, but regardless, as someone who did trade shows as part of my job, it's the best show I've participated in. As Jim said, it's already pretty much two days, and I can't see it stretching to two public days whether financially or personally for many exhibitors.

Great show, made possible by al of us together, exhibitors, visitors and all those from Jim getting the pies to Bob making badges to Lionel putting up signs to Richard doing that superb show guide and so on.

Let's have a Group Hug!

S

:^ Cheers big guy - you know how many people get such a buzz from this. Great hearing that even the Scalford staff look forward to it due to the atmosphere we collectively create. Lots of people feeling like they have been on holiday (in the smiles and good memories) plus a great amount of money raised for charity - a lot of work but very worthwhile and appreciated by many.

It's a good point that. I think we should all vote a massive thanks to the hotel staff. They, for little thanks, run around like lunatics having to wreck their carefully sorted bedrooms and chuck most of the furniture in the bogs, then while we are groaning about how hard it is carting stuff out of the rooms on the Sunday, they have to move about 50 beds back where they belong and clean up the mess and mayhem we have left behind.

For the lest few years, they have provided polite and friendly service, have never moaned about the mayhem we cause and have been there 100%.

I think they also deserve a massive thank you from all of us, for continuing to be friendly and provide excellent service.

It's a good point that. I think we should all vote a massive thanks to the hotel staff. They, for little thanks, run around like lunatics having to wreck their carefully sorted bedrooms and chuck most of the furniture in the bogs, then while we are groaning about how hard it is carting stuff out of the rooms on the Sunday, they have to move about 50 beds back where they belong and clean up the mess and mayhem we have left behind.

For the lest few years, they have provided polite and friendly service, have never moaned about the mayhem we cause and have been there 100%.

I think they also deserve a massive thank you from all of us, for continuing to be friendly and provide excellent service.

The new boss of the hotel popped in for a chat. Nice bloke. I have his card somewhere. As soon as I find which bag of stuff it is in I will send him a thank you email. Think the staff were excellent this year. But they have been every year I have been.

A big bunch of thank you to who has been called by someone James Gru and his minions.

:rofl:

Somehow this seems appropriate for the image...

[video=youtube;OmCxtWrRQJ8]

The new boss of the hotel popped in for a chat. Nice bloke. I have his card somewhere. As soon as I find which bag of stuff it is in I will send him a thank you email. Think the staff were excellent this year. But they have been every year I have been.

I love the blondy on the reception desk, that alone worth the ticket cost :love:

A big complement to the Scalford staff. I found the service and accommodation was verygood and personally thanked the stafffor a comfortable room and a hot shower on Sunday morning. I also had thechance complemented the chef for her excellentcurry buffet.

I did wonder what time in the morning the staffhad to get up to have such a big smile on their face when serving breakfast at7.00 am on Sunday morning to a bunch of hifi nerds with a hangover

A big complement to the Scalford staff. I found the service and accommodation was verygood and personally thanked the stafffor a comfortable room and a hot shower on Sunday morning. I also had thechance complemented the chef for her excellentcurry buffet.

I did wonder what time in the morning the staffhad to get up to have such a big smile on their face when serving breakfast at7.00 am on Sunday morning to a bunch of hifi nerds with a hangover

They were up pretty early as they removed the beds from my room at 6.30am. Every body was cheery and very helpful.

Super Wammer
AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!

I sodding knew it. Sorry Bob. Massive thanks of course to Bob for arranging the Badges. :doh:

No offence taken !!! My pleasure as always, happy to contribute something.

I was speaking to Philip at the hotel yesterday (possibly arranging a family "do" there) and he was very enthusiastic about it. I get the feeling that the staff enjoy it as well, or maybe they just have a good laugh at a load of (mostly) blokes going to all that trouble for a couple of days !!

Whilst here, a very big thanks to you, James, for all the work you put into this. March would be pretty dull without the Show.

k

- - - Updated - - -

I love the blondy on the reception desk, that alone worth the ticket cost :love:

That was Amy.

k

I've exhibited 4 times and once came as a visitor, and although it's bloody hard work, especially schlepping EMTs up two flights of stairs, it's as much fun as anyone can have with their clothes on, or at least as much fun as I can have with my clothes on at my age. I may not exhibit next year unless I can think of something different to do, but regardless, as someone who did trade shows as part of my job, it's the best show I've participated in. As Jim said, it's already pretty much two days, and I can't see it stretching to two public days whether financially or personally for many exhibitors.

Great show, made possible by al of us together, exhibitors, visitors and all those from Jim getting the pies to Bob making badges to Lionel putting up signs to Richard doing that superb show guide and so on.

Let's have a Group Hug!

S

Loved the quadrophonic room ........... how about an 8 track room next year :upgrade:

I recognised most of the staff :doh:

Actually I'm really pleased to hear that.

With the recent administration, now thankfully sorted, the fact that these people are still there is encouraging and great news. :^

Thanks for the thanks James:^.

Well done everyone involved, bloody brilliant again guys and gals.