Streaming Spoitify???

I have seen the below on eBay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171250011867

Does anyone know if i connected this via the optical out :doh: to the optical in on the quad CDP (it can also act as a digital pre) if I would be able to stream spotify or similar from a tablet? Also if I were to upload all my music onto iTunes and purchase iTunes match would I also be able to access and stream that?

Thanks, really can't get my head around how the audio streaming works! :doh:

I'm not sure about that device but I'm using an Arcam airDAC for this very purpose. It's basically a DAC that pulls in music over wi-fi and connects to my amp. I use my iPhone/iPad to select tracks on Spotify and iTunes. Now I've got it plugged into my router it couldn't be simpler!

But it does cost £400, and you already have a DAC on the Quad so maybe not ideal for you...

I've got one of the airmusic devices, they are excellent and I stream Spotify and various other apps from an Android tablet. The receiver is connected optically to my old mini disc deck which is being used as a dac, sounds great.

It will also stream from ipad/phone, you can use your phone as a remote if you have Spotify premium.

Not familiar with the Quad, but sounds similar to what I'm doing.

Thanks all. I've tried a wired connection and haven't been thrilled with the results. I have my ipod dock connected to the quad and am really pleased with the sound. Think I'll give one a go for £35 although I will need to route my nexus 7.

I've got one of the airmusic devices, they are excellent and I stream Spotify and various other apps from an Android tablet. The receiver is connected optically to my old mini disc deck which is being used as a dac, sounds great.

It will also stream from ipad/phone, you can use your phone as a remote if you have Spotify premium.

Not familiar with the Quad, but sounds similar to what I'm doing.

Any drop outs Steve ... seems like an interguing device .... Nexus 7 tablet and Nokia 5800 Expressmusic old phone for Spotify. Elsewhere I use 2 Behringer UCA202 to send optically to DAC sections of amps .... £35? hmmmmm

I got my dad one of these.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-bluetooth-music-receiver/5654132.p?id=1218679203690&skuId=5654132

Spotify from laptop via Bluetooth into the digital in of his Audiolab 8200CD

Took a bit of a search across eBay to get one but works like a charm and the digital out does seem to be worth the effort.

Any drop outs Steve ... seems like an interguing device .... Nexus 7 tablet and Nokia 5800 Expressmusic old phone for Spotify. Elsewhere I use 2 Behringer UCA202 to send optically to DAC sections of amps .... £35? hmmmmm

No problems with drop outs, Android tablets do have to be rooted to use it, but that's easy enough and a streaming app needs to be used, I use airmusic which was about 4 quid and easy enough to set up. I have also tried a Bluetooth receiver but that did drop out and the quality is nowhere near as good as wifi.

This little gadget could be the next wam fad.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Yeah Steve I tried the Augsut Bluetooth receiver OK with an old phone but some drops outs with my Nexus 7. So you just need Airmusic app + device?

That's right, it sounds too simple, but it works a treat. Also need an optical lead as not supplied, I used a £1.99 Fisual which is ideal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would have thought that all of this is only going to be worth it if you have a Spotify premium account, otherwise you are receiving such a compressed digital file in the first place that even the rather good Quad DAC won't be able to make it sound half decent.

For iTunes streaming it does rather depend if you are going to be going the lossless route (AAC, FLAC) or accept digital compression (MP3). Assuming though you are sticking with iTunes as the player software and with standard iTunes compressed files, keep the digital source files on your main computer (or NAS), and use the tablet only as a control device (using iTunes Remote).