Croft

Ian

You cant test anything right now can you !!

Basically through research I ended up with 2 options Croft or Music Fidelity. Now I know they are very different but there are a number of people who recommend Music Fidelity M5SI with Dynaudio Special 40's. Croft because I am intrigued, fancy valves and like the idea of them being a bit old school. I also am vinyl only and have no desire to connect any other source ever.

I have been talking direct to Glenn Croft and also to a couple of resellers. I started with the idea of running the Integrated R using my Slee phono stage. General view was that I would be better with 25R/7R or 25/7R with the 7R giving the extra oomph to drive the Dyns.

Glenn

On 20/11/2020 at 12:05, radiant red said:

Haha at this time of the day? 😂

Yep check with Glenn is the best advice. I was fortunate although I live nowhere near Glenn in Scarborough, I live Worcester.  One of our annual hols ( when allowed ) is a week in Bridlington so could always drop stuff off for upgrades at the beginning of the week and collect before we went home. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys too many croft pages to wade through.in case this has been covered before

I have a Mega micro, one of Glenns earlier productions ,two box outfit with separate power supply upgrade by glenn about ten ears ago

Have always been happy with the phono stage but always have thought it very good, Prefered to Audio research Sp11.

Has anyone heard Glenn's latest stand alone models . I know he has posh new one ?

Edited by Huntergatherer
bit extra

You could try glenn@croftacoustics.co.uk that is what I used unless he has changed last messaged him last August.

Mike 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mates, 

I'm a happy owner from Greece. 

I'm thinking of sending my 25R to Glenn for upgrading it to the rs version. 

Does anyone know nowadays with the Brexit new rules of commerce if i will have to pay any extra costs like custom duties?

9 hours ago, Gkoutsianas said:

Hi mates, 

I'm a happy owner from Greece. 

I'm thinking of sending my 25R to Glenn for upgrading it to the rs version. 

Does anyone know nowadays with the Brexit new rules of commerce if i will have to pay any extra costs like custom duties?

In the UK you will have to pay for the service but not UK VAT as it will be classed as an Export . However it is likely that Greece / EU will charge you Duty and local VAT when the item is returned plus there will most likely be a clearance / admin charge by your courier service .

1 hour ago, Gkoutsianas said:

Even though if it's for repair? 

Yes VAT is chargeable on any services plus any parts that are used . Import duty is decided by your own country and in my experience Greece has a whole industry of import agents and they will want their share . Best thing is to get in touch locally with Customs and Tax people and ask in advance or you could end up with a large bill and a fine for not following the rules. Please also note that what you mentioned is an upgrade not a repair so this would be different . I would ask Glenn if he has done any EU work since Brexit and what he does and describes the work as . Remember ignorance is not a valid excuse for any Customs or Tax authority the onus is on you to find out the correct declarations and paperwork . Any attempt to misdeclare an item is frowned on and you will be hit with the full amount you should have paid plus in many cases are large fine .

Sorry to be so negative but I worked for 42 years in the shipping industry for over 25 years working for Shipping Lines (UASC , CMA/CGM) and I know how fraught this can be if you get it wrong . I am old enough to remember when UK was not in the EU and how things worked then . Also over 65% of our imports are with none EU anyway so are subject to the same rules as EU goods now . I know that things have been made worse if you are not certain of what you are declaring and what is being charged .

All your answers are in Greece and I am not anything like an expert on that countries individual rules so either contact your friendly customs officer and have a chat or get in touch with a local Courier company and get them to spell out the rules. You will not be charged anything for the item itself because it is yours and Vat etc has already been paid . it will only be the parts and labour of your repair / upgrade that will be chargeable .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Within the Classifieds section there is a  thread for Private sales and wants, and in the Manufacturers, Distributers, Retailers section the is a thread for Trade sales.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/05/2014 at 19:25, Plums said:

I've also got on my wishlist some Croft for the 'second system'. Could be separate pre-power or the phono integrated; either way, quite possibly second-hand could lead to early temptation. There's something about them. No remote, separate left-right volume controls. Couldn't cope with that in the living room, but by the bedside - no problem. Fanatics' stuff - gotta love it!

Enjoy, if you're already owners' club actual owners. Hope to join you sometime.

I have a GC-i integrated see Ken Kessler rave review (Minimalist Croft GC-i breaks with tradition with a valve/Mosfet hybrid integrated amp) this amp is in excellent condition and perfect working order. Origenal condition not messed about will give 10Ks a run for there money.  The most stunning looking amp Glen ever prodused and without seperat volume control. sound amassing. if it is of interest PM me.

Best regards,

Col.

goodtrader.

• 2 months later...

What do you guys recommend for a replacement of the 2 phono tubes in the 25R?
Also I take it the need to be a matched pair

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk