Help with Rega TT-PSU?

Evening all. Just this week purchased a Rega TT-PSU from Cable Monkey of this parish. Arrived safe and sound this morning. Connected and powering on just creates a loud buzzing from the P5 motor; no turning, nothing. I've checked all the connections over and over, still the same. Not had one of these before, so can anyone suggest any likely causes? P5 runs fine from the standard power supply cable. Thanks.

Check the connector into the back of the turntable is fully inserted as it can be a bit of a fiddly fit and mine needed a bit of gentle persuasion to fully connect

My memory could be failing me, but IIRC there are 2 power inputs on the P5. One for the standard wall wart, and one for the TT PSU. Have a closer look at the back of the P5 to check.

Lefty

You're right, but they're different connectors, so there's no confusing them. PSU connector is a four-pin affair. It's properly connected, with everything nice and firmly seated, but is just producing an unholy buzzing from the P5 motor and not turning the platter.

My memory could be failing me, but IIRC there are 2 power inputs on the P5. One for the standard wall wart, and one for the TT PSU. Have a closer look at the back of the P5 to check.

Lefty

Ah - in that case I'm at a loss...

Did you buy the P5 from new? If so, I would contact your dealer. If not, could be worth trying to get in touch with Rega direct.

Hope you get it sorted.

Lefty

ring rega (01702 333 071 ) see if they have any ideas

Do you have the original psu connected? Even if unpowered.

Hi,

you are welcome to send it back if it doesn't work out. It never gave me a moments problem but I can no longer test it. One thing, check the pins on the connector and see if anything is bent or otherwise amiss.

Hi,

you are welcome to send it back if it doesn't work out. It never gave me a moments problem but I can no longer test it. One thing, check the pins on the connector and see if anything is bent or otherwise amiss.

Thanks - I'll have another go at the weekend. Might even try and persuade my local dealer to test the unit with one of their decks; if it works there, then I know there's an issue with the P5. I'll keep you updated.

That is great news! Hope it serves you as well as it did me.