Sign in to follow this  
Hawk

Best new discovery????

Guest purplepleaser

Felt mountain is Goldfrapps best by a long shot .But It is me saying that:)

Lee

Always been a big fan ofJohn Barry's theme music and Felt Mountain feels very sixties to me. I could Cherry pick tracks fron the other two albums but every track on Felt Mountain is a pearler

Guest purplepleaser

Lisa Shaw-Cherry . Same sounds as Aye and Gaelle .Another artist from Naked Music.

A Bit more sexy but still quality.

Lee:)

http://www.naked-music.com/ a few tracks off the album on here for anyone who might be interested

Guest purplepleaser

Mark De Clive-Lowe : Tide's Arising

Antipodean / ABB Soul

Syndrome note.gif

Silas Theme note.gif

Heaven note.gif

Slide note.gif

Tides Arising note.gif

[align=left][/u]Britain's broken beat sound seems to be finally attracting the sort of global acclaim it deserves, otherwise why would a class independent hip hop label like ABB issue an album from Mark De Clive-Lowe? With US based likeminded souls such as SA-RA, Daedelus, Plant Life and Platinum Pied Pipers sating the appetite, maybe the world's ready for this. As well as the four brilliant tracks from the 12" album sampler (including the particularly brilliant broke house bomb "Slide"), Mark De Clive-Lowe's debut album also features a tonnage of Bugz infected broken beat, nu soul, P-funk and jazz genius. Never have so many disparate genres been so completely absorbed into just one album and the result, helped enormously by London's heroine singer Bembe Segue, is an intoxicating cocktail[/align]

Roy Ayers : Virgin Ubiquity - Unreleased Recordings 1976 - 1981

BBE / Rapster

Boogie Down note.gif

Mystic Voyage note.gif

Oh What A Lonely Feeling note.gif

What's The T note.gif

[align=left][/u]It's a testament to the quality of Ayers' work in the late 70s / early 80s that these 13 jazz-funk / disco fusions and late night soul smoochers have only now seen the light of day. The standards he must have set himself at the time are unbelievable, as any one of these tracks could easily stand alone as a release for a single[/align]

Again these were recommended by Mikedefacto .Cheers:dude:

Lee:oj:

Anyone heard of Quantic? Been previewing Mishaps Happening on LastFM and really like it.

Interesting fusion of chillout, jazz and funk I suppose.

http://www.last.fm/music/Quantic/Mishaps%20Happening

This is deinfately on the CD wish list.. Off to find a cheap supplier....

Edit..

Just ordered it from Blah DVD for £7.49 delivered. :)

Edit...

And it is very good. Toe tappingly good infact :)

I'm putting Diesler (labelmates with Quantic)on at a club in Preston next saturday :)

I came on here to recommend an album... I have had this on a CDR since April but it is finally been released..

Domu - Return of the Rogue (Archive)

Also, I have a nice latin jazz/funk/soul album saved for me at the shop... will post details when I have it in my possession (cant remember details)