Auralic

I have a Vega DAC and a Taurus II headphone amp (driving Audeze LCD-X headphones). There's just something 'right' about the Auralic sound!

I really liked this. Very nice to look at and a lovely tonal quality, especially in the bass. Very nice.

I have a Vega DAC and a Taurus II headphone amp (driving Audeze LCD-X headphones). There's just something 'right' about the Auralic sound!

Was very impressed with the Taurus II headphone amp when I had a listen to one recently.

Can you tell us more about the Vega DAC's sound?

Cheers.

Was very impressed with the Taurus II headphone amp when I had a listen to one recently.

Can you tell us more about the Vega DAC's sound?

Cheers.

To my ears, it's just really good at bringing the best out of any music you throw at it. It's even-handed from bass to treble and very easy to listen to but never dull. I listened to half a dozen DACs in the 2-4K range and the Vega was comfortably the best that I had in my system.

I moved my Weiss 202 on in favour of a Vega DAC. Very happy with it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Will try to get a listen to a Vega soon.:^

I have heard the Vega a couple of times and it sounds excellent in fact I have quite fancied one since. I was pretty impressed with the small mono amps too. Audioemotion are one of the UKs main dealers for Auralic if you want a demo.

• Upvote 1

I have heard the Vega a couple of times and it sounds excellent in fact I have quite fancied one since. I was pretty impressed with the small mono amps too. Audioemotion are one of the UKs main dealers for Auralic if you want a demo.

Cheers. Wallet permitting, intend to be over to Audioemotion for a listen someday soon.:)

Its the streamer (Aries) that has caught my interest.

I have ordered one. It seems like the demand for them in the USA is massively outstripping supply. I am into the last two weeks of a six week wait. Delivery is supposed to be in the week beginning 15 September.......:nerves::nerves::nerves:. Luckily, my daughter blew her amp up, so while that is off being fixed I have 'borrowed' her streamer. It is hard using a Cambridge Audio NP30 when you're used to an NDS (first world problem).

I'd be very interested to hear what you think about the Aries.

You are nowhere near as interested to know what I think as I am. I wish it would hurry up....:wall:

Me too - mine is due same time, presumably same batch :? - I might get my hands on a demo Aries next week though ;) Picking it up Tuesday :D

Where are you buying your Aries from?

Mine is coming from Audio Emotion. I tried to interest another dealer, but he seemed fixated on a Mac 'n DAC and wouldn't listen to my objections to having a PC in the playback chain, let alone in the listening room.