i_should_coco

Further Descent into Madness

Guest BD Audio

Actually the improvements to be had by using their cryo treated curtain hooks outperforms the carpet grippers in my experience. Better vfm IMO. :^

- - - Updated - - -

Can I use the gripper rods even if I don't have fitted carpets? :upgrade:

Persion rugs.... :bulb:

- - - Updated - - -

Room looks great btw Richie! I'm quite envious.

Guest BD Audio

Now you're just being silly. Cryo Turkeys is daft, Pigs in Blankets however, Cryogenically treated and fixed to the walls in various spots around the listening room CAN and WILL make a difference.

I have recently tried Cryo treated Toblerone in a quest to improve my hifi (:nup:) the shape breaks up the standing waves in the room.......

Toblerone+Ice.jpg

I'd advocate cryogenically-treated champagne this Christmas :^

Me talking about earth rods sparking a HUGE debate is the 1st time that anyone has taken any notice of any of my posts ever. But I'm depressed cos no-one reassured me about my weenie.

And to make it worse the comments on this thread are dangerous too... I've just almost died from having an asthma attack from laughing too much

And I always get it wrong I don't even know what my speakers are called.

Hi Tony,. Yes they are lowther classic 400's!

Dx2's up the front, pm6c's up the rear... Lovely

That guy Howes who sold them to me said he thought the dx2's suited them better than dx3's or 4's. But what does he know about Lowthers?

Never heard bicors, would like to. Mine are lovely through my weird but wonderful kel84

And I always get it wrong I don't even know what my speakers are called.

Yes they are lowther classic 400's!

Dx2's up the front' date=' pm6c's up the rear... Lovely

That guy Howes who sold them to me said he thought the dx2's suited them better than dx3's or 4's. But what does he know about Lowthers?

Never heard bicors, would like to. Mine are lovely through my weird but wonderful kel84[/quote']

Originally had PM6Cs in the Bicors - also supplied by that Howes guy - sounded pretty good, but the extra detail that the PM2Cs produce is outstanding. The guys at Lowther said that DX3s were the way to go in the Bicors - but what do they know...? :dunno:

Ha yes, I'm listening to mine now, Wonderful!

Ha yes' date=' I'm listening to mine now, Wonderful![/quote']

Same here!

I've spent the day putting the system back together , nothing damaged, all working fine. Last Thursday I spent the day altering the stands so that I could physically time align the drivers better. I moved the tweeter and upper mid backwards maybe six inches. I'm using LM 555 drivers on the low mid these days and the throat extension makes the horn maybe 15 inches longer. To make it balance on the stand means it has to go further back, unless I wanted to re-build the stands. Anyway I also covered the backs of the horns in foam and the exposed parts of the stand around the tweeter. I didn't get the chance to try it here before the show and when we got it running in The Colman Room at Scalford it sounded somewhat better. Smoother top end and with a bit more separation. Running it today with no foam at first, it is obvious that the damping on the horns and stands is a real improvement. It images better and is very much smoother. Really pleased, as I thought it was the Colman that was making the difference!

That's dedication Ritchie, a tough weekend of shifting kit,setting up and playing toons until the small hours and all day Sunday, packing it all away and then putting it all back together again.....respect. Nice of that chap to slag your kit off after all that,what a dick.

That's dedication Ritchie, a tough weekend of shifting kit,setting up and playing toons until the small hours and all day Sunday, packing it all away and then putting it all back together again.....respect. Nice of that chap to slag your kit off after all that,what a dick.

He must be bloody deaf as I thought it sounded magnificent any time I ventured in there. Ritchie didn't seem to keen on my offer to play an LP by The Heads though. Can't imagine why....:whistle:

I think that a lot of people came through the door, stood for a while looking a bit uncomfortable because of the feckin size of the things and then left. They will never hear them at their best because you have to sit down, with your head in line with the upper mid. Then you would get it. Also, so many people came into the room and went for the seats at the front too. Not the best place to be, as they just don't integrate near field. You couldn't quite get far enough away from them in that room but right at the back against the wall was the place to be.

I was pleased with the way they sounded honestly. I had a few worries before the show that it would sound rubbish in there but I think it was alright.

Maybe horns are a little bit too much like hard work. :-)