i_should_coco

Further Descent into Madness

That's dedication Ritchie, a tough weekend of shifting kit,setting up and playing toons until the small hours and all day Sunday, packing it all away and then putting it all back together again.....respect. Nice of that chap to slag your kit off after all that,what a dick.

Seconded. I contributed a grand total of an SL1200, a SUT and a box of records to Scalford, and they're still sat in the middle of the living room floor where I unloaded them from the car.:notworthy:

Well if I just got back and left it on the floor in the living room, my balls would be removed, probably with a kick! Part of the unwritten law at home is that if I'm to have extreme audio, then it has to be as tidy as possible. Not worth the hassle leaving it. Besides, I'm not finished yet and if I want to go madder then I have to play a long and very calculated game. :D

Super Wammer

Ah - that game....:) I didn't exhibit and our living room still looks like I just got back from Scalford.

Inbox clear now Ritchie, sorry

Hey Ritchie congratulations ! Another totally epic effort by both you and Co co, hats off to you and your family

I do agree with you,I think a lot of people are just overwhelmed by the sheer size, aesthetics and complexity of systems like yours and judge by their eyes and not their ears.

Despite using a set of speakers with a sound that is the polar opposite to horn systems like yours I really really get them .

As good as the TAD's are they simply don't / can't portray that massive scale and unforced natural presentation only a very good horn based system can - that said you need to have a room larger than most typical urban houses in the UK to enjoy the real advantages of such a system as yours.

Really looking forward to hearing it again at some point soon !

I think that a lot of people came through the door, stood for a while looking a bit uncomfortable because of the feckin size of the things and then left. They will never hear them at their best because you have to sit down, with your head in line with the upper mid. Then you would get it. Also, so many people came into the room and went for the seats at the front too. Not the best place to be, as they just don't integrate near field. You couldn't quite get far enough away from them in that room but right at the back against the wall was the place to be.

I was pleased with the way they sounded honestly. I had a few worries before the show that it would sound rubbish in there but I think it was alright.

Maybe horns are a little bit too much like hard work. :-)

Hey Ritchie congratulations ! Another totally epic effort by both you and Co co, hats off to you and your family

I do agree with you,I think a lot of people are just overwhelmed by the sheer size, aesthetics and complexity of systems like yours and judge by their eyes and not their ears.

Despite using a set of speakers with a sound that is the polar opposite to horn systems like yours I really really get them .

As good as the TAD's are they simply don't / can't portray that massive scale and unforced natural presentation only a very good horn based system can - that said you need to have a room larger than most typical urban houses in the UK to enjoy the real advantages of such a system as yours.

Really looking forward to hearing it again at some point soon !

Hi Ted, you are welcome to come for a listen if you have a spare couple of hours, just let me know and I'll find time.

TBH, this system is in a different league to the one I ran before. I need to listen a bit more over the weekend but it seemed to me that it has improved further after some alterations I made to the stands before Scalford and the Coco tweaked, xo settings used there.

I'm lucky that my room at home is somewhat deeper than the Colman room at Scalford and since then I have put the sofa back a further couple of feet. I guess that give or take, my head is 30' from the drivers, which makes all the difference. Large horn systems need space, not just to house them but so you can get far enough away so they integrate properly! Come over, I think you'll like it!

• Upvote 2

Large horn systems need space, not just to house them but so you can get far enough away so they integrate properly! Come over, I think you'll like it!

Longhouses and horns? Any plans for a boat? :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOlprkBmDpIw--fwHi32q1YjQLEAiCxewZRgWPqdpR8GPgBJpROA

Repped for outstanding Wamming. :^

^^^ Get some carpet/ treatment in there and it could be good for horns, without the longboat natch. I like the curved ceiling!

I'll look forward to popping In at some point Ritchie - the cricket seasons just around the corner ;-)

Hi Ted, you are welcome to come for a listen if you have a spare couple of hours, just let me know and I'll find time.

TBH, this system is in a different league to the one I ran before. I need to listen a bit more over the weekend but it seemed to me that it has improved further after some alterations I made to the stands before Scalford and the Coco tweaked, xo settings used there.

I'm lucky that my room at home is somewhat deeper than the Colman room at Scalford and since then I have put the sofa back a further couple of feet. I guess that give or take, my head is 30' from the drivers, which makes all the difference. Large horn systems need space, not just to house them but so you can get far enough away so they integrate properly! Come over, I think you'll like it!

I'll look forward to popping In at some point Ritchie - the cricket seasons just around the corner ;-)

Well, when you play that lot over the village green, bribe the skipper to allow you to open the batting, get out cheaply, then come in here for the rest of the innings! :^

I think that most HiFi people don't get large horn systems because they don't sound like HiFi systems.

I think there is alot of truth in that statement...

I'm sure people generally like the sound of what they are used to hearing,

A lot of people at the weekend really did get it though. Great to see people excited with big grins! It is bonkers, of course, bloody ridiculous really but there were moments at the weekend when the scale and slam of it amazed me and I'm used to it. Having those turntables as a front end was fantastic...

Super Wammer

This certainly gave me a big grin :D

[video=youtube;LORHVOwnfnw]

Apposite track for you boys!

A lot of people at the weekend really did get it though. Great to see people excited with big grins! It is bonkers, of course, bloody ridiculous really but there were moments at the weekend when the scale and slam of it amazed me and I'm used to it. Having those turntables as a front end was fantastic...

Where did those TTs come from, Ritchie? What an array! Could you pm me with any thoughts about which really shone..?

Jack