13 minutes ago, Turn it up! said:

Thanks for the advice. I moved over to streaming only a year or so ago and sold my Astin Trew player which was great but just not getting any use. It appears to have a phono stage but I don’t use vinyl. 
I’m not totally sure if the A21 is a perfect match for my Klipsch Cornwalls but they are very sensitive at 103db so don’t require a lot of power. The seller is about 100k away so I’ll have a think about it but this looks a good way to try a Sugden and if it doesn’t match shouldn’t be hard to sell on. After years with valve only amps I’m just keen to dip my toe into some Class A amps.  

Cheers

Keep us up to date as I'd love to know what Cornwalls sound like with class A

• Like 2
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New to the rack

Hello all Picked up my brand new IA4 yesterday and my room is very warm now. Took me about an hour to pull the trigger after having one on home demo a few weeks ago.  Decided after many years of

So, having been underwhelmed by the ANV-50 and as subsequently reported here: I took my Posselt Albatrosses to Fanthorpes in Hull and heard them driven by A21 Signature, A21SE and IA-4. The IA-4

Posted Images

One input is labelled phono but unless the on board phono board is fitted, it will be a line stage, same as the other inputs. The simplest way is to plug a normal source such as a cdp.  if it sounds distorted it will have the phono board fitted.

should be an interesting match, as the 8 ohm very sensitive cornwall looks an easy drive.  The exquisite treble / mid of the a21 should work well, the key will be the bass. let us know if it gels 😃 

• Like 3

New to the rack

20200202_124150.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, bandit pilot said:

New to the rack

20200202_124150.jpg

😍

• Like 1

Welcome aboard the good ship Sugden IA-4, Rick!

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 1
Just now, TheFlash said:

Yep, what he said! 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

It’s on my list but gunna take a lot to oust the a21a 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Indeed. I still have a soft spot for the magic of the A21 Sig I heard at Fanthorpe's. First amp up, and I thought the search was over. For the broad mix of music I listen to, I believe the IA-4 is a better all-rounder, notably in the bass, but I do want to revisit the A21 for a longer listen.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheFlash said:

Indeed. I still have a soft spot for the magic of the A21 Sig I heard at Fanthorpe's. First amp up, and I thought the search was over. For the broad mix of music I listen to, I believe the IA-4 is a better all-rounder, notably in the bass, but I do want to revisit the A21 for a longer listen.

I think if I upgrade, the a21a will be packed away. I made the big mistake selling it last time. The one I have now could be passed as new.. Never heard it so good the other night

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ratcatcher said:

Not sure what to do with these.  I really should sell as i dont use them but knowing they're quite rare means its a difficult decision.

IMG_20200203_090921s.jpg

IMG_20200203_090933s.jpg

More than happy to store them for you for a small fee 😜

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, radiant red said:

I've not had the 21 so it's a bit hard to compare, but the IA4 is surprisingly good from what I've heard so far. The phono stage has also got to rank among the best I've heard as a 'built in' too. 

It's nice, just for once, to be able to say that the sales brochure when describing this amp is just about spot on. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bandit pilot said:

I've not had the 21 so it's a bit hard to compare, but the IA4 is surprisingly good from what I've heard so far. The phono stage has also got to rank among the best I've heard as a 'built in' too. 

It's nice, just for once, to be able to say that the sales brochure when describing this amp is just about spot on. 

How does it sound on those glorious AE’s you have for sale? 

13 minutes ago, radiant red said:

How does it sound on those glorious AE’s you have for sale? 

To be honest, I was just about to go upstairs and unbox them when I read Shaun's scam post. :(

Now I've got about an hour before SWMBO comes home from work and starts asking what I'm doing.

• oldius changed the title to Sugden