Sugden

fred sonnen

• 2 weeks later...

I have a C51 + P51 combo in the loft, it was still working last time I tried it!

2 hours ago, greybeard said:

I have a C51 + P51 combo in the loft, it was still working last time I tried it!

That was one of my first real hifi purchases. I remember it fondly.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2020 at 22:08, HouseElf said:

New addition to the system:

IMG_20200123_213834.jpg

Thought I would give an update on my thoughts regarding the ANV-50 after nearly a month of ownership. 

Usually, when new gear comes into the system (assuming that it is better than what I had before) for the first week or so I have a great time seeing what the new addition can do with many music listening sessions running well into the early hours. After a week or so there are few surprises left and things return to business as usual until the upgrade bug strikes again. 

With the ANV-50 things are different. Firstly, after nearly a month in my system, I am still having those long listening sessions revelling in what the Sugden can bring. It really is, to my ears, that good. Secondly, I have found that I will listen, on occasion, to the same track back to back just to revel in a track almost reinvented the Sugden way. Also, the Sugden (and thus the system) seems immune genre. Everything I have thrown at it sounds wonderful. 

As you can tell I am more than happy with this new purchase and cannot imagine letting it go. If any of you are hankering after a new amp at this level I would urge you to give it a listen. 

• Like 3

very pleased for you , its looks great and i will be sure to listen to one 

Sugden-Masterclass-AA-Power-Amplifier.jp

As I am old I still have the original  Masterclass Monos which Patrick serviced and replaced the caps for me. Can't beat Sugden for keeping things running over many years. Still SWMBO's favourite  sounding amps of the too many that I have,  including 211 monos.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, yoda900 said:

Sugden-Masterclass-AA-Power-Amplifier.jp

As I am old I still have the original  Masterclass Monos which Patrick serviced and replaced the caps for me. Can't beat Sugden for keeping things running over many years. Still SWMBO's favourite  sounding amps of the too many that I have,  including 211 monos.

I love the look of these, always have. And they sound, er, ok.

Will you make it to the Kegworth show, Mike?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid I just succumbed to the A21 itch courtesy of Fleabay.1397393932_SugdenA217.thumb.jpg.ddc2168bfb83b46e81bc07ee0dbba49a.jpg1397393932_SugdenA217.thumb.jpg.ddc2168bfb83b46e81bc07ee0dbba49a.jpg1348900646_SugdenA218.thumb.jpg.78e2e524da86ea81ce3153e4294c93fb.jpg396126497_SugdenA2110.thumb.jpg.1d3c534a8490e12d29a100642ed03394.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, graham67 said:

hehe, i was looking at that one too ‚ėļ¬†

There are those who watch and those who do. ūü§Ē

• Like 1

And there be another.,...

07F16CD0-E23A-44A9-839F-1A07231DE2CC.jpeg

• Like 1

• oldius changed the title to Sugden