• Like 5
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New to the rack

Hello all Picked up my brand new IA4 yesterday and my room is very warm now. Took me about an hour to pull the trigger after having one on home demo a few weeks ago.  Decided after many years of

So, having been underwhelmed by the ANV-50 and as subsequently reported here: I took my Posselt Albatrosses to Fanthorpes in Hull and heard them driven by A21 Signature, A21SE and IA-4. The IA-4

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hifinutt said:

speakers look lovely , pretty sure my local hi fi dealer does marten speakers 

Very nice .....who is the singer phil , any idea.....;-)

Oh never mind  ,..maybe some other wammers may know..........

Thanks stingray ....spot on ,.....just checked her out on the spot......:^

On 29/09/2020 at 00:36, wobbler123 said:

Trials on my IA4 atm. Marten Designs Heritage Duke 2. After listening to about 20 different pairs of speakers i have these on home demo. So far am am very impressed. I can hear a lot more of what the IA4 can do. This is a magical combination for a class A amplifier of the calibre of the Sugden. 

20200917_161700.jpg

That figures, there's a guy on PFM uses the Dukes with a class A Luxman and loves the combo.

Mac

• Like 2

Trials on my IA4 atm. Marten Designs Heritage Duke 2. After listening to about 20 different pairs of speakers i have these on home demo. So far am am very impressed. I can hear a lot more of what the IA4 can do. This is a magical combination for a class A amplifier of the calibre of the Sugden. 

20200917_161700.jpg

That figures, there's a guy on PFM uses the Dukes with a class A Luxman and loves the combo.

Mac

• Like 1

20200917_161700.jpg

Looking very smart. Enjoy....!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the old A21aL . I am missing the little plastic ring that goes around the power button. I lost it in a house move a number of years ago. I recently emailed Sugden  to ask if they still had replacements and they didn't respond to the particular question - just advised that I needed a booking number for a service. It gave me the impression they don't have the part. 

Obviously a long shot but, has this happened anyone else or any of these amps laying somewhere that are only good for parts? 

Cheers 

1 minute ago, Ruairi said:

I have the old A21aL . I am missing the little plastic ring that goes around the power button. I lost it in a house move a number of years ago. I recently emailed Sugden  to ask if they still had replacements and they didn't respond to the particular question - just advised that I needed a booking number for a service. It gave me the impression they don't have the part. 

Obviously a long shot but, has this happened anyone else or any of these amps laying somewhere that are only good for parts? 

Cheers 

Don't assume they don't have the part. I love my Sugden but have generally found their customer service to be less than good unless you're spending big bucks. In fact I think the guy who responds to emails could do with a course on politeness.

Have you tried ebay? Just a thought

I've been watching ebay for a number of months waiting to see if one comes up for spares/parts. 

Tempted to buy one and sell my own. I'd expect to lose in excess of £100 quid and there's got to be a better solution. I might try the facebook page. If I knew anyone who owned a printer I could give that a lash. 

On 26/10/2020 at 13:38, Ruairi said:

I've been watching ebay for a number of months waiting to see if one comes up for spares/parts. 

Tempted to buy one and sell my own. I'd expect to lose in excess of £100 quid and there's got to be a better solution. I might try the facebook page. If I knew anyone who owned a printer I could give that a lash. 

If you know anyone with even a fairly basic lathe, it would be a very simple job to turn up a new part - black delrin would be ideal, and it oughtn't to cost more than a few pounds all in. On another note, I have always found Sugden to be most helpful and friendly, but I have always telephoned them rather than using email - they are a slightly old fashioned company, and I don't think they're very focused on e-commerce - MH

3 hours ago, MotherSky said:

If you know anyone with even a fairly basic lathe, it would be a very simple job to turn up a new part - black delrin would be ideal, and it oughtn't to cost more than a few pounds all in. On another note, I have always found Sugden to be most helpful and friendly, but I have always telephoned them rather than using email - they are a slightly old fashioned company, and I don't think they're very focused on e-commerce - MH

Yeah, maybe a phone call will let me know one way or the other what my options are. 

Cheers. 

• 1 month later...

After buying a Sugden ANV-50 at the beginning of the year then, for a number of reasons, moving it on for an I-A4 I am back with another ANV-50:

IMG_0220.jpg

• Like 3