Sugden

fred sonnen

3 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

Don't be a PRaT! :clout:

:D

19 hours ago, Amormusic said:

Enjoy PP. I'm sure you will 👍. It is an absolutely fantastic amp imo.

Let us know what you think.

I'm sure I will. I've yet to hear a less than good modern amp. The issue will be if I can make work with rest of my system, and, of course, it has to justify the asking price. Clearly, I won't have any of these answers until I hear it.

Certainly will enjoy the experience. :^

By fast I mean that piano for example, such as  Oscar Petersen´s fingers on Tracks or Jacques Loussier´s glissandoes on Plays Bach 5 are often too fast for my brain to cope. By using the attenuators with my A21se it somehow fools me into thinking I can better digest small differences between notes  that otherwise might not register . It´s as if  the amp portrays the music in an apparently more sophisticated or SLOW way. Like driving my beat up VW Beetle over some potholey road and then doing the same in a Merc. Same distance , same speed but no, not the same. In other words it´s probably an ear-brain interface thing.  or maybe the volume pot is more linear around the 50% mark. I know which I prefer.

Noel wrote a review of the a21se in hi fi world nd described it as having dizzingly fast transients.  I think folks have described the term well

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/07/2021 at 10:36, Amormusic said:

Nice. How are finding it?

OK, I've lived with my A21aL for a month now and put a LOT of hours on it.

As I've said previously, poetic prose on how things sound is really not my bag, so to summarise my experience / thoughts, why on earth do people sell these things on ?

• Like 2

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

OK, I've lived with my A21aL for a month now and put a LOT of hours on it.

As I've said previously, poetic prose on how things sound is really not my bag, so to summarise my experience / thoughts, why on earth do people sell these things on ?

So you like it then Mike 😊

1 minute ago, radiant red said:

So you like it then Mike 😊

Yes, I really rate it Jon. It has REALLY surprised me and I can't see me moving it on, not at the moment anyway 🙂

I will probably buy a high summer amp, as it gets sooo hot but a pleasant surprise for not an awful lot of money.

Did I mention that it quite surprised me ? 😁

• Like 3

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

Yes, I really rate it Jon. It has REALLY surprised me and I can't see me moving it on, not at the moment anyway 🙂

I will probably buy a high summer amp, as it gets sooo hot but a pleasant surprise for not an awful lot of money.

Well if you move it on, only move it on for the series 2 or Signature. Slightly more power and bigger power supply for more choice in demanding speakers oh and the lovely class A bass. 

6 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Well if you move it on, only move it on for the series 2 or Signature. Slightly more power and bigger power supply for more choice in demanding speakers oh and the lovely class A bass. 

I don't need more power and, having read around, a lot, about the SE etc, wouldn't want to sacrifice the sweetness of the older Class A amp, so wouldn't move it on for another Suggie.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

I don't need more power and, having read around, a lot, about the SE etc, wouldn't want to sacrifice the sweetness of the older Class A amp, so wouldn't move it on for another Suggie.

Not the SE but the latest version of yours. I’m not a fan of the SE, it’s a harder presentation 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

I love mine and it's going precisely nowhere.

I've been playing mine loads even on the hottest of days without any issues. So I personally won't even bother with a summer stand-in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

I love mine and it's going precisely nowhere.

I've been playing mine loads even on the hottest of days without any issues. So I personally won't even bother with a summer stand-in. 

Thank you, that's really good to know.

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

Thank you, that's really good to know.

He has an A21a signature 😉

30 minutes ago, radiant red said:

He has an A21a signature 😉

That's cool, but I was pleased to hear about Sugden Class A amps not having problems with extreme British summers

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

That's cool, but I was pleased to hear about Sugden Class A amps not having problems with extreme British summers

I think when you go from a/b to a, alarm bells ring because of how they generate heat which can be un nervy at first. If the fins were twice as hot, they still would be working within parameters. 

• Like 1