Sugden

fred sonnen

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's a shame you're not in london, could bring my d2's along. I'm trying to audition a sugden to go with them but finding it impossible here.....

What Sugden do you want to try? 

51 minutes ago, radiant red said:

What Sugden do you want to try? 

A21se. There’s a dealer in north London but they won’t have one in until the end of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A21se. There’s a dealer in north London but they won’t have one in until the end of the year. 

Look further afield… some dealers like Farthingthorpes, Hifi Corner, Audio Affair will ship to you with a holding deposit to try and arrange delivery and collection at their cost. There is a shortage of kit currently tho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It looks like Audio Affair have the A21SE in stock so you wouldn't be frustrated by the long lead times (like me with an A21 Signature) - a good dealer to do business with too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HouseElf said:

It looks like Audio Affair have the A21SE in stock so you wouldn't be frustrated by the long lead times (like me with an A21 Signature) - a good dealer to do business with too. 

Audio Affair; That’s who are sending the D20’s tomorrow 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

It's a shame you're not in london, could bring my d2's along. I'm trying to audition a sugden to go with them but finding it impossible here.....

No I’m quite away from you otherwise I’d have taken you up on the offer. 

As suggested try Audio Affair. I’ve used them before when I bought my Cadenza black and again for the speakers. 

10 hours ago, CrillboBaggins said:

No I’m quite away from you otherwise I’d have taken you up on the offer. 

As suggested try Audio Affair. I’ve used them before when I bought my Cadenza black and again for the speakers. 

yep, I've actually been in contact with them this week. They've actually recommended a supernait 3 and think it might suit me better for the music I listen to (electronic, house, disco etc).  I listened to one recently with some d2r's and I was pretty impressed. 

I also need a phonostage but I'm still eager to listen to a suggie. It would mean buying the sugden and returning it if I didn't get on with it, which isn't ideal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2021 at 11:56, plasticpenguin said:

Still having supply problems with the A21. Strangely he has no issues with the Masterclass range.

Did you get to hear one in the end? What did you think?

On 16/09/2021 at 23:27, CrillboBaggins said:

Audio Affair; That’s who are sending the D20’s tomorrow 

Think I've seen elsewhere that you've kept the D20R's?

Can you please comment on your thoughts.

I've seen a reasonable priced pair and am tempted to take a blind punt to see if they one-up my PMC's.

3 hours ago, Amormusic said:

Think I've seen elsewhere that you've kept the D20R's?

Can you please comment on your thoughts.

I've seen a reasonable priced pair and am tempted to take a blind punt to see if they one-up my PMC's.

I can but this will only really be relevant to my other kit in the mix, my room, my ears etc.

The main thing for me was being able to listen at lower levels but without missing anything in regards the details. I now get this in spades, the Totems I have are superb but really sing when played reasonably loud, imo in my room.

The Pro-Ac’s are easier to drive and the bass is superb. It took a while to get them positioned perfectly as there did seem to be too much bass at times but since moving them further apart this has not been as much of an issue, again this could have be my room. Also, they’re nowhere near run in yet and do seem to be gradually improving the more hours I put on them. The ribbon tweeter is wonderful, the speakers seem to disappear. 

The synergy between the Pro-Ac’s and the rest of my kit is the best I’ve ever experienced / heard at home.

I’ve never heard any PMC speakers so can’t comment on the differences between the the two. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, CrillboBaggins said:

I can but this will only really be relevant to my other kit in the mix, my room, my ears etc.

The main thing for me was being able to listen at lower levels but without missing anything in regards the details. I now get this in spades, the Totems I have are superb but really sing when played reasonably loud, imo in my room.

The Pro-Ac’s are easier to drive and the bass is superb. It took a while to get them positioned perfectly as there did seem to be too much bass at times but since moving them further apart this has not been as much of an issue, again this could have be my room. Also, they’re nowhere near run in yet and do seem to be gradually improving the more hours I put on them. The ribbon tweeter is wonderful, the speakers seem to disappear. 

The synergy between the Pro-Ac’s and the rest of my kit is the best I’ve ever experienced / heard at home.

I’ve never heard any PMC speakers so can’t comment on the differences between the the two. 

Are these on the Sugden or are you still waiting for it.

5 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Are these on the Sugden or are you still waiting for it.

These are on a Sugden ANV-50. Not mine as it’s not ready yet so a demo one until it is. 

On 26/09/2021 at 15:50, CrillboBaggins said:

Glad the ProAcs are doing the business for you. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/09/2021 at 11:58, Amormusic said:

Did you get to hear one in the end? What did you think?

Nope. Not interested in the Masterclass.

Anyway, I'm so content with my current bundles, they tick most boxes and some...

9 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

Nope. Not interested in the Masterclass.

Anyway, I'm so content with my current bundles, they tick most boxes and some...

Fair enough - good to hear.

I thought you were planning to hear an A21a Signature?