Ozexpat

Wammers Album Club Tues 16th Dec , Guilt Machine - On This Perfect Day

How good is this...  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh Terry what have you done!

He's only gone and bleeding served up the most ludicrously bad WAC ever. No mean feat. Well, he did promise something special. :D

Each to their own, horses for courses, one mans meat etc,etc, but God this is terrible.:nup:

I disagree :nup:

It is worse than that.....:x

that's true...I like a bit of prog...this is more frog (with a sore throat).

It doesn't strike me as particularly progressive though and I felt that the slick, sanitised, saccharine music doesn't really match with the supposedly dark concept. It's not very ....intense. Sounds like Muse with long songs.

Is this prog? Does a concept album and/or long songs a prog album make? :P

You lot have no idea what good music is. You mark my words, by the end of the night those who do will have voted and show you plebs that it's YOU who are missing out :roll:

You're clearly going soft. Reset your progness with this

510ebxA39rL._SS280.jpg

(Black Widow the label, not the band)

I quite like it, but as a prog lover, I obviously would. On the plus side, the recording sounds like it's excellent quality and the mix, placement, etc. is very good.

However, the fact that virtually everything is nicked directly from earlier (and better) bands really annoys me. Green and Cream is a great track, but only because it's a blatant rip-off of Genesis Watcher of the Skies for the unusual rhythm signature and combines that with guitar and vocals from various sources. There is a lump in there that I swear is lifted straight from a Tubes album.

Oh. And why do nearly all the tracks need to start with some recordings of weather events?

I'll buy it, because it ticks most of the boxes for me. However, it's about as far from innovative as you can get.

Basically, take some early Genesis, some Tubes, a few assorted heavy metal bands. Sample and place into a food mixer, and this is the result.

Sorry Terry. I do like it and I'll probably buy it, because it's my taste, but love it? Nah.

First track is very clever no doubt - but I'm starting to get bored.

Porcupine Tree Lite.

My favourite track was the bonus .............. a) it was short and b) it was the last song.

If waterboarding is outlawed then this album could prove to be a really important piece of work :^

Sorry Terry I tried but it seems I don't understand music at all ..................

I quite like it, but as a prog lover, I obviously would. On the plus side, the recording sounds like it's excellent quality and the mix, placement, etc. is very good.

However, the fact that virtually everything is nicked directly from earlier (and better) bands really annoys me. Green and Cream is a great track, but only because it's a blatant rip-off of Genesis Watcher of the Skies for the unusual rhythm signature and combines that with guitar and vocals from various sources. There is a lump in there that I swear is lifted straight from a Tubes album.

Oh. And why do nearly all the tracks need to start with some recordings of weather events?

I'll buy it, because it ticks most of the boxes for me. However, it's about as far from innovative as you can get.

Basically, take some early Genesis, some Tubes, a few assorted heavy metal bands. Sample and place into a food mixer, and this is the result.

Sorry Terry. I do like it and I'll probably buy it, because it's my taste, but love it? Nah.

Is this what Genesis sounds like?

fuck-that-bitch-scared-yao.png