i_should_coco

Living Voice Vox Olympian review by Roy Gregory

Super Wammer

No Pete that's my task for 2015 :cool:

You should drop Kevin a mail and offer to do a wam review for him to increase credibility. :P

Do you honestly believe anything he writes? As I don't.

Lovely finish on them.

My utilitarian nature wonders how much they would sell for if they were offered 'in the white' so to speak, with unveneered, unpolished wood, simple stick-on badges, no gold plate etc. Anything that didn't affect sound quality was left off, so what we ended up with was some pig-ugly boxes but with the same sound. I know this is NOT what these 'speakers are about, but I can't help wondering how much of many high-end products is entirely cosmetic and the real reason they are thought of as aspirational.

S

Wonder what they would sould like hooked upto naims statement amp.

My thoughts are if you like them and can afford them and also have a room and system worthy then they should be on you short list.

That'll be nobody on the wam then.

- - - Updated - - -

You should drop Kevin a mail and offer to do a wam review for him to increase credibility. :P

Whose? One's is completely stuffed. The other has more than enough.

You don't have to buy the VOs, I was buying a tonearm. :D

Kevin did indicate that the cabinet work is excruciatingly expensive. Even the badges are a work of art, hearing him talk passionately about just those and the attention to detail was in itself enlightening! Make no mistake, these are the product of an obsession.

Sorry Pete they are a money making object to the people they are targeted at. I know lots of people that are obsessed about things. They don't charge you the price of a house for them

Sorry Pete they are a money making object to the people they are targeted at. I know lots of people that are obsessed about things. They don't charge you the price of a house for them

If you think Kevin has made enough money to live on from his horn designs, you've had too much Shandy Bass.

I believe the bits about the pricing. :P

I believe the price and the pictures, the rest as they say, is up for discussion.

Sorry Mark i think not too early in the day .

Edited to add that if you'd have said a glass of red well thats a different matter ;-)

Just get the Pound Shop Cessaros done, Ritchie!

The thought of finishing them fills me with dread. Where would my work/life balance be then? :D

Talking about credibility he let the biggest foo reviewer have his say . Where is Paul Messenger when you need him

They undoubtedly are a labour of love and beautifully finished, that is absolutely apparent. I would be interested in hearing them and comparing them perhaps to a large passive speaker from someone like ATC, paired with suitable amplification.