falcoron

frugelhorn xl done and dusted

Sorry, double post.

Steve, I'm taking my Modulus-86 to the HiFi Wigwam show but will only be there on Saturday when a few of us Lenco nuts are gathering for a pre-show.

I won't be there Ian but I hope you get the chance to try it out with different systems, you've re-kindled my interest a bit and it would be good to hear how you get on.

Anyone tried a pair if Lowther drivers in the xl cabs? Seems like they would fit from studying the drawings...

Yeah pop over there, Planet 10 will get back to you, they have tried a lot of drivers. Scott the designer sometimes hangs around there too.

Stefan

Hi Tony, you might get a quicker reply on the diy.com forum. JJ

Think you might mean http://www.diyaudio.com/ rather than B&Q!!

Think you might mean http://www.diyaudio.com/ rather than B&Q!!

Indeed...posted a Q there & they reckoned it wasn't suitable for such a small enclosure...

I suspect Danilo is the same guy as Bare from Vancouver who has just had a similar go at me for indicating my preference for FHXL's above some of my previous commercial speakers. Shame he can't discuss his preferences without getting rude. For what it's worth Ron, I agree with you totally.

Awww C'mon This IS real life.

I can't/won't abide Fanboys exuberance, certainly where it's not warranted.

IF you like 'em ? Great! Happy for you. Some Love Bose.. Good on them too.

Clearly; here's 'No Mocking' others consumer choices :-)

Real issue is: are these Outstanding Speakers? NOT ! in My experiences. Frankly I'm dissapointed/embarassed by my purchase

I enjoy mine for what they are Teeny Drivers *almost* sounding like Bigger drivers do in far less obtrusive br boxes.

Is that a clear enough review ?

Won't be extolling/promoting their virtues onto MY friends/neigbours.

They do sound reasonable but are Not going to shame any Harbeths, Or even Ls35a's as easily referenced examples.

Value priced and good sounds. But hardly Best of Breed.

Entirely dependent on Your expectations ;-)

Thread crapping someone's DIY thread is pretty bad form. The DIY thread is there to allow folks to share their build experience and encourages other to give it a go. Posts like the one above are hardly in the spirit of this particular thread.

Bad Form? Clearly Guilty :-)

Simply trying ( in my Humanitarian mode :-) trying to keep the naive from chasing a Mediocre solution.

MY Frugal horns (and these are NOT 'horns' by the direct claims of Martin King whose work/ programs enabled the design)

are reasonable speakers.. but No Where near the Brochure Babble claims. Mine are in storage 'nuff said.

Do you Honestly ! expect a 4' diam driver to equal a current decent speaker ??

Bad Form? Clearly Guilty :-)

Simply trying ( in my Humanitarian mode :-) trying to keep the naive from chasing a Mediocre solution.

MY Frugal horns (and these are NOT 'horns' by the direct claims of Martin King whose work/ programs enabled the design)

are reasonable speakers.. but No Where near the Brochure Babble claims. Mine are in storage 'nuff said.

Do you Honestly ! expect a 4' diam driver to equal a current decent speaker ??

I suspect a 4' diameter speaker would be a little difficult to source... :dunno:

In defence of danilo, at least he's tried them although he doesn't say which model, I presume the XL's. If he had said "I've tried them and they didn't work for me in my system" that would be fine. Shame he has to chuck insults at those of us who really like them.

In defence of danilo' date=' at least he's tried them although he doesn't say which model, I presume the XL's. If he had said "I've tried them and they didn't work for me in my system" that would be fine. Shame he has to chuck insults at those of us who really like them.[/quote']

If he's wittering about 4 inch drivers then he's not talking about the XL.