3780martin

Krell Power Amps - use with a Passive Pre

crimsondonkey used to use a tvc with his krell

I use a very nice music first copper mark 2 with a class A msb ss amp with absolutely superb results . it will be a great combination I am sure . you might want to try a silverstone passive as well

Yes I've tried it. Music First TVC into a Krell KSA-100S.

No - I wouldn't do it again. Lifeless, dead, boring sound. Changed to an active preamp and the world was allright again.

I used mono Axiom Luminous passive pre [ATTACH]11896[/ATTACH]for a spell with an fpb 300 and it was good.

You would have to make sure the source was capable of providing enough output into the passive pre though.

I guess thats pretty obvious really.:Tumble:

You would have to make sure the source was capable of providing enough output into the passive pre though.

I guess thats pretty obvious really.:Tumble:

The beauty of a passive is that it doesn't matte as much as you might think. Impedance matching is what is important. The output of the source relative to the power amp is what matters. If you have an amp that is full power at 0.75 volts but a source with an output of 2v, then you have issues. Essentially, too much too soon.