Naim NAC 282 – Pre-Amplifier
Lehmann Audio Linear Headphone Amp
Ovation High Fidelity 1501/1701
Ovation Model 1721 Power Amplifier
DEAL OF THE DAY
NAD M51 DAC/Preamp
How It's Made - McIntosh Tube Amp
IsoTek Mosaic Genesis Mains Conditioner
The new EVO3 Mosaic Genesis from IsoTek:
top-of-range one-box power conditioning for both front-end and high-current components
IsoTek, the game-changing brand of mains conditioning systems for enhanced hi-fi and home cinema performance, extends its ‘Ultimate’ range with a hybrid solution combining the brand’s two statement technologies in a single unit.
The new EVO3 Mosiac Genesis is a five-way mains conditioning unit in an elegant half-width format, featuring three outlets for front-end source components and preamplifiers and two for high-current amplifiers, subwoofers and the like. It brings together IsoTek’s two statement technologies – which already feature separately in the brand’s top-of-range EVO3 Genesis and EVO3 Super Titan and which continue to garner rave reviews in the worldwide hifi press.
A true mains regenerator
The front-end is driven by a mains regenerator with a difference, borrowed from IsoTek’s mighty EVO3 Genesis, in which a unique sine wave generator builds a completely new mains waveform. This new waveform is synchronous with the incoming mains, to protect against beat frequencies in the newly generated electricity supply. The signal is then amplified by a class AB amplifier and fed to a high quality output transformer, with copper foil between the primary and secondary outputs to prevent any noise or distortion from passing through the unit. The result is a continuous output of 150W (300W peak) of pristine, newly generated power.
In addition to producing an ultra-stable mains waveform, the EVO3 Mosaic Genesis also controls the mains voltage, ensuring that the output voltage is maintained at 230V +/- 2%, a considerable advance over the recommended European standard of 230V +/- 10%.
The end result is an extremely precise and consistent 230V/50Hz mains sine wave with vanishingly low levels of distortion, independent of the input quality of the power supply. Whatever the level of distortion of the incoming supply, the EVO3 Mosaic Genesis delivers exceptionally low total harmonic distortion (THD) of between 0.05% and 0.17% with typical loads, remaining well below 0.3% with even the most complex loads.
Direct-Coupled© technology: the cutting edge of high-current power conditioning
The EVO3 Mosaic Genesis’ two high-current outlets feature IsoTek’s Direct-Coupled© technology which provides optimal high-current low impedance filtering while fully maintaining the transient and dynamic performance of power amplifiers, monoblocks, active loudspeakers and subwoofers. This high-current network is derived from that in the flagship EVO3 SuperTitan and provides a 75dB reduction in RFI while delivering 3,680W of continuous power.
The details that make a difference
The EVO3 Mosaic Genesis’ internal wiring is IsoTek’s newly-developed UP-OCC (Ultra Pure Ohno Continuous Cast) high purity copper solid core internal wire, which is silver plated before being insulated with Teflon. A fine Teflon strand is wound helically around the wire before a secondary Teflon tube is extruded over the top, creating an air gap between wire and insulating tube and forming an air dielectric which has virtually no capacitance ensuring an exceptionally vivid performance.
The circuit design is a fully optimised ‘KERP’ path. KERP© (Kirchoff’s Equal Resistance Path) is a technology specifically developed for IsoTek’s EVO3 generation of products which ensures equal resistance and equal power delivery to all outlets, providing a pure, coherent signal path through the unit with no interference from one socket to the next.
The EVO3 Mosaic Genesis also guards against the effects of power spikes and surges, featuring a considerable 100,000A of instantaneous protection. IsoTek’s unique advanced protection system uses a pyramid array of VDR (voltage dependant resistor) devices that deliver superior protection and react more aggressively as a fault becomes more dangerous.
IsoTek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis key features at a glance
- A five-way mains conditioning unit in an elegant half-width format, designed for both front-end source components and preamplifiers (three outlets) and high-current electronics (two outlets).
- Combines in a single chassis synchronous sine wave generation developed from the EVO3 Genesis with IsoTek’s unique Direct-Coupled© conditioning network adapted from the award-winning EVO3 Super Titan.
- Removes both common mode and differential mode mains noise.
- 150W of totally clean power for front-end components (three outlets) combined with 3,680W for large power amplifiers and other high-current electronics (two outlets).
- Medium current exceeds 85dB of noise reduction, extending to zero Hz.
- High current offers RFI reduction of 75dB (50 ohms standard).
- Internal wiring: solid core silver-plated UP-OCC (Ultra Pure Ohno Continuous Cast) wire with Teflon VAD (virtual air dielectric) technology.
- All outlets are independent: none are connected together, thus preventing differential mode mains noise cross-contamination.
- KERP© (Kirchoff’s Equal Resistance Path) technology ensures equal resistance and equal power delivery to all outlets, with no interference from one socket to the next.
- 100,000A progressive protection circuit.
- Available with UK, EU, US and Australian sockets (Swiss and South African also available on request/special order).
|Number of outlets||5|
|Type of outlet options||UK, EU, US, AU (CH & ZA on request/to order)|
|Mains inlet||16 amp C20 type IEC|
|Mains voltage||230V / 50Hz or 115V / 60Hz|
|Total power source:|
high currentContinuous: 3,680W
Transient: 20,000WTotal power source: medium currentPeak: 300W
Continuous: 150WDimensions200 W x 250 H x 470 D (mm)Weight25kg
Pricing and availability
- The EVO3 Mosaic Genesis is available now in black or silver
- Priced at £5,995 (including VAT).
- Each unit is supplied with IsoTek’s EVO3 Premier power cable fitted with 16 amp C19 IEC connector.
iFi nano iOne Diminutive DAC delivers versatile sound-boosting digital audio ‘hub’ for all manner of …