Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless. Black – Ex-Demo
Linn Selekt DSM Katalyst (pre -amp) – 2 months old
Matrix Audio X SPDIF 2
Matrix Audio Quattro II
DEAL OF THE DAY
Chord Hugo 2 – Black – 3 months old A1 condition
2014 Midwest Audiofest Tent Sale & Vintage Audio Swap
NEWS: iFi nano iOne – the little DAC with a big performance
iFi nano iOne
Diminutive DAC delivers versatile sound-boosting digital audio ‘hub’ for all manner of devices – from smartphones and computers to TVs and games consoles
To download hi-res images click here
The nano iOne from iFi is designed to be a convenient, high-quality digital audio ‘hub’ – a DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Converter) that is miniature in size yet big on features and performance. It can be used to boost sound from all manner of digital devices: smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, TVs, games consoles, media streamers and more. It offers wireless connectivity over Bluetooth, as well as USB and S/PDIF digital inputs.
The nano iOne can be connected to an integrated amp, preamp, headphone amp or active speakers via its RCA analogue outputs. (The equally dinky nano iCAN is ideal as a matching headphone amp.) It can also be used to add USB and Bluetooth connectivity to an existing DAC, thanks to its bit-perfect digital output.
- 32-bit DAC, fully certified for hi-res audio – supports PCM/DXD up to 384kHz and DSD up to 12.4MHz
- Bluetooth, asynchronous USB and S/PDIF (coaxial/optical) digital inputs; S/PDIF (coaxial) digital output; direct-coupled RCA analogue outputs
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless streaming; supports aptX and AAC codecs over Bluetooth (AAC facilitates premium-quality Bluetooth streaming for iOS devices, which do not support aptX); 10m+ range (360 degrees, line of sight)
- Zero Jitter Memory Buffer technology for all digital input signals – Bluetooth, S/PDIF and asynchronous USB
- S/PDIF socket doubles as both coaxial and optical flavours of digital input, as well as a coaxial digital output, thus saving rear panel space
- Galvanically isolated S/PDIF input/output with FET High Definition (FHD) circuitry on the input and dedicated re-clocker/line driver on the output
- GMT (Global Master Timing) Femto precision clock system eliminates jitter by creating a new, stable clock de-linked from the source clock
- Burr-Brown ‘True Native’ DAC chipset handles PCM and DSD natively – music signal stays in its original format throughout to maintain purity
- Active Noise Cancellation for the power supply (via the USB socket) dramatically lowers the noise floor
- Two digital filter options: ‘Listen’ and ‘Measure’
- Powered via USB (5v USB power supply is included)
Price and availability
The iFi nano iOne is available now. RRP is £199 inc. VAT.
Contact details for publication
- Web: www.ifi-audio.com
- Tel. for consumer enquiries: 01900 601954 (Select Audio – iFi’s UK distributor)
- Tel. for trade enquiries: 01704 227204
iFi Audio is the sister company of high-end audio manufacturer AMR (Abbingdon Music Research) based in Southport, England. iFi produces a wide range of audio essentials and solutions designed to optimise the experience of every listener, however they play their music – from smartphones to turntables. Products include DACs, headphone amps, portable DAC/headphone amps, phono stages, USB filters and cables, headphone optimisers, active buffer/preamps, USB-to-S/PDIF converters and more.
One of iFi’s principal aims is to improve the ‘computer audio’ experience, delivering superb D/A conversion and uncompromised Class A analogue stages, while solving common issues that degrade audio quality such as poor USB interfaces. It does this by creating conveniently compact products, packed with clever features and proprietary technologies tricked down from AMR’s high-end components. Its products are eminently affordable, yet solidly made using recyclable materials such as aluminium and recycled plastics, with tactile knobs, buttons and toggle switches delivering flexible facilities while maintaining optimal signal purity.
Classics rock Wharfedale resurrects Linton loudspeakers to deliver retro style and timeless musicality Cambridgeshire, England …