8th December 2017, Welshpool: Hand-made in Wales, Leema Acoustics’ new Pulse IV amplifier is the ideal ‘hub’ for contemporary music-listening with its turntable connectivity, Bluetooth playback and seven digital inputs enabling a huge range of devices to connect.
The Pulse IV is a highly versatile and powerful integrated amplifier that enables a world of music to be enjoyed with Leema Acoustics’ sound quality thanks to a huge connectivity suite bringing together music playback in all its forms, whether on vinyl, streamed from smartphones and tablets via aptX Bluetooth, or stored on computers, laptops and more.
Leema’s ex-BBC sound engineers have reworked the company’s famous Pulse amplifier for the digital age, dramatically improving performance over its predecessor while adding contemporary features, including a super-high-quality phono stage for vinyl playback (£595 value), aptX Bluetooth for wireless streaming, plus a 32-bit/384kHz DAC enabling the playback of today’s high-resolution audio.
Class-leading vinyl playback as standard
In addition to its generous digital connectivity, the Pulse IV caters for the vinyl resurgence with the addition of an extraordinarily high-quality phono stage taken from Leema’s award-winning standalone Essentials phono stage which can be bought separately for £595. The Pulse IV offers both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil compatibility for vinyl, so all turntables can be connected, regardless of type.
Leema Acoustics Pulse IV notes for editors
• Contemporary home ‘hub’ that’s vinyl-, Bluetooth- and USB-ready
• Upgraded Leema sound quality for both digital and analogue formats
• Lovingly hand-made in Wales by Leema’s ex-BBC sound engineers
• Powerful 80-watt design drives all loudspeakers, regardless of type
• Seven digital inputs incl. USB enable multiple devices to connect and benefit
• Wireless playback over Bluetooth adds convenience and flexibility
• Super high-quality vinyl playback: £595 Essentials MM/MC phono stage built-in
• Includes high-quality front-panel headphone amplifier for personal listening
• Flexible features include preamp outputs for power amp/subwoofer connection
• Dedicated record output enables the recording/archiving of music
• UK designed and manufactured, 12-month warranty, £2,295
Now in its fourth generation, the Pulse IV retains all of the original qualities that made it a favourite amongst consumers and critics alike, with the addition of contemporary touches including all-new metal casework and an advanced 32-bit/384kHz-DSD capable Sabre DAC with an XMOS USB Type-B input to improve digital sound quality from connected devices.
A further six digital inputs: three optical and three electrical S/PDIF, plus aptX Bluetooth, enable an even wider range of digitally connected devices to benefit from Leema’s celebrated sound quality.
A powerful 80-watt design, the Pulse IV has sufficient capacity to drive all speaker types, including those with difficult loads. In addition to its generous output power, the Pulse IV also features a high-quality front-panel-mounted headphone amplifier for late night or personal listening.
For added flexibility, the Pulse IV also features two pairs of preamp outputs enabling connection to a range of devices, including power amps and subwoofers, plus a dedicated fixed-level record output adds further versatility for archiving music.
The new Pulse IV forms part of the re-introduced Spectrum range and like all Leema Acoustics’ electronics, the Pulse IV is hand-crafted in the Welshpool factory.
• Inputs (analogue): 5x line level
• Phono input: MM/MC (taken from Essentials phono stage)
• Inputs (digital): 3x electrical S/PDIF; 3x optical S/PDIF; 1x USB Type-B 32-bit/384kHz PCM- and DSD-capable Sabre DAC; aptX Bluetooth
• Outputs: 2x pairs of preamp outputs; single speaker outputs; headphone output; 1x fixed- level record output
• Nominal power: 80W RMS in to 8 Ohms
• Connections: all unbalanced RCA (no XLRs)
• Weight: 11kg
• Dimensions: (WxHxD) 435 x 90 x 375mm
Price and availability
The Pulse IV is available now priced at £2,295 and offered in black/silver
About Leema Acoustics
Leema Acoustics is an internationally respected manufacturer of high-performance audio products founded by two ex-BBC sound engineers, both of whom have a long history in pro and domestic audio. Founder Lee Taylor leads the design team with everything proudly hand-made in Wales using UK- and European-sourced components.
Founded in 1998, Leema Acoustics’ unique design processes, fanatical attention to detail and pursuit of accurate sound reproduction have seen the company win numerous press accolades in recent times. Today’s Leema Acoustics incorporates the latest technology into a product range that covers electronics, loudspeakers and cables, delivering complete high-performance audio solutions to consumers, with the benefits of expert design, UK hand-assembly and local component sourcing.
BAFTA and Palme d’Or award-winning Lee Taylor, has countless years’ experience in recording and mixing for the film, television and music industries. Lee continues to innovate using his unrivalled experience in audio to produce some of the world’s finest audio equipment.