Densen have unveiled an upgrade to their renowned B-250 Pre-amplifier in the form of the B-250CAST, a pre-amplifier which supports Google Cast streaming.
Following on from the successful release of the CAST AMP Streamer earlier this year, the B-250CAST joins Densen’s new range of components that support Google’s streaming software.
Much like the CAST AMP, the B-250CAST has a dedicated Densen CAST power supply. This extremely low noise PSU allows the component to provide the best working conditions for Google Cast software to perform.
As well as now supporting Google Cast, the B-250 has seen some impressive upgrades based on the B-275 Super Leggera Pre-amp. The amplification has been developed based on advanced Class A designs, with a dual mono output stage that has a huge storage capacity of 100.000 uF. A built-in DAC converts the signal from digital to analogue for a perfectly musical output.
The volume control has also been upgraded. Using Vishay metal film resistors, volume control is now more precise (0.5dB). This allows for better balance, more detailed sound and transparency.
Of the new B-250CAST Pre-amplifier, Densen have said; “The B-250CAST offers a strong musical performance in line with the traditions of Densen.
“Using the B-250CAST will allow the user to delve into the music, and forget about the technology in the quest for audiophile nirvana.”
The B-250CAST will support NAS drives as storage, using BubbleUPnP and similar programs. The B-250CAST comes with a socket for the DP-07 MM RIAA stage and can also be upgraded externally with Densen’s power supply modules.
Densen’s B-250CAST Pre-amplifier will be available in the UK from Elite Audio and is set to retail at £3,990.
· Line inputs: 4 sets + 1 tape loop
· GOOGLE CAST streaming capability
· Preamp outputs: 4 sets for easy connection for Bi-amping
· Power supply size: 3 x 20 VA
· Storage capacity: 100.000 uF
· Output stage: based on 6 Watt Class A amp with zero feedback
· Upgradeable internal CPU unit
· Ready for Densen’s DP-07 phono stage
· Ready for the Gizmo system remote
· Ready for intelligent communication via the DenLink cable
· Upgradeable with external power supply
· Available in black with gold / chrome buttons or albino silver chassis.
· Made in Esbjerg, Denmark.
· Designed in Esbjerg, Denmark.