Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’d be interested to know how much a 5 year guarantee is worth to an owner of a 40 year old LP12. 😂
True, a 5 year guarantee doesn't sound too impressive on an item that is expected to last over 25 years but where can you get "lifetime warranties" on anything these days (and if you can, the company will probably be out of business in 3)!

Brave new world....................... 😬

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
True, a 5 year guarantee doesn't sound too impressive on an item that is expected to last over 25 years but where can you get "lifetime warranties" on anything these days (and if you can, the company will probably be out of business in 3)!

REGA!.

Reactions: pdcman

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes

I once received an ad for an alarm clock that said it had a "Lifetime Warranty". I wondered what was in the fine print as it was a relatively cheap clock. Looking further I found that the brand of the clock was Lifetime, so of course it had a "Lifetime warranty" - which only happened to last a year! 😁

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was out this evening to see someone who makes plinths for our beloved LP12.

Seen his work on the PF site and enquired about buying one. His plinths are available on FleaBay.

Picked up a beautiful African rosewood example ,finished with Danish Oil.

My old black ash plinth of many years will be replaced by one of the guys @ Loud n Clear.

Will update this when the job is finished!.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E600