Question 2-Channel vs Q&A - do we really need both?

A question.

Sotosound

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The 2-channel forum has always been characterised by people asking for advice regarding amps, speakers, turntables etc. etc.

Now, however, we have the Q&A forum and people are starting to ask for similar advice therein.

So, where does one forum start and the other one finish?

If 2-channel is no longer intended for posts containing questions then what is it for? Opinions and arguments?

To put it another way, I don't really see the value of a separate Q&A forum as it's hard to know when it should be used and when it shouldn't. Also, the 2-channel forum seemed to be doing fine before the Q&A forum existed.

Have I posted this in the right forum?

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I recall the idea was that Q&A was meant to focus on generic topics of wide interest, whereby a decision could be made on the best answer. It’s not turned out that way though in most cases.

Reactions: newlash09

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Iam actually happy that we have a seperate section for questions. In my observation, most queries discussed in the general section, tend to drfit and eventually derail.

However, the usual inclination I have witnessed in this section, is to be apt and to the point most of the time.

P. S : This section is for questions of a more technical nature. And I agree that the main section is a better place to post queries on kit and upgrades in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_J and lostwin

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The 2-channel forum has always been characterised by people asking for advice regarding amps, speakers, turntables etc. etc.

Now, however, we have the Q&A forum and people are starting to ask for similar advice therein.
I'd personally be in favour of mods moving such questions out of Q+A and into 2 Channel, where I think they are still intended to go.

Reactions: Sotosound

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles