2022/2023 Premier League Football Season

SilverIllusion

Wammer
May 24, 2021
Just listened to Everton's Connor Coady on the radio. The pride he expressed in making the World Cup squad was palpable and his total commitment to Everton was clear. I can understand why he is so highly regarded off the pitch as well as on it. He is just the sort of character I feel that every dressing room needs. Intelligent and level headed, and not up himself like so many footballers these days. You can see why he is regarded as such a good organiser on the pitch.
Makes it all the more strange that Wolves loaned him out. Baffling decision.

Reactions: DIB

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arsenal keeping beating most teams that are put in front of them, not a great performance last night, but a professional one, which got the job done, and 5 points clear at the top!! The World Cup has come at the wrong time , as momentum is certainly with them, it will be interesting to see what happens after a 6 week break. My thinking is it may help the teams, that are underperforming at the moment, but as this has not happened before, that is pure conjecture on my part. Anyway I can enjoy my Turkey top of the League :)🌲🎅 COYG!

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arsenal fully deserve were they are it is still a long way to go but as you say you can enjoy looking at the table till in to the new year . Some teams and Liverpool are one of them have few players at the World cup so will be able to rest and train and hopefully start again at a good tempo . Still feels utterly stupid that there will be such a break this should never have been allowed . Great first half yesterday but an awful second half only Allison saves keeping us ahead . Always good to finish with a win . I expect Nottingham Forest , Southampton and others with nearly complete squads will train hard and get things to get as teams . This will make more of the games a hard contest so could be lots of twists and turns still to come .

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now that Ronaldo has finally effectively severed all ties with MUFC ( I mean, The Sun and Piers Morgan, how could you go to them? ) that is one massive selection headache and elephant in the room removed for Ten Hag. The likes of Garnacho are the future, let's hope we nurture his talent like Ferguson did with an 18 yr old Ronaldo.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jude Bellingham set to join Liverpool in the January transfer window.
Man City had been favourites to bag the young England superstar, arguably England's standout in the WC, but Liverpool have taken over as favourites ahead of City. (Real Madrid the third option.)

Patrice Evra was gushing in his praise of the 19 year old in a recent piece on England's World Cup prospects and looks every inch a linchpin for club (whomsoever that turns out to be) and country.

Jack NSM

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think while it would be a very good player to have it is doubtful that Liverpool will be able to sign Bellingham . It would go against all the guidelines that the owners have worked with to date . Firstly there is going to be a huge transfer price to be paid and that is likely to be a straight cost not the fee plus add ons that they made for Nunez .

Secondly is going to be the very high wages Bellingham will have to be paid which will probably mean the likes Mo , Virgil and possibly others will also have to have wage hikes as well . Unless they are further down the sale track than we are all aware of the current owners have shown little inclination to go down this route which would probably be a whole seasons spending for a single player .

Much more likely is that City , PSG , Madrid will all line up and offer whatever it takes to get the player .

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And leave the way open for the Argentinian, Enzo Fernandez, to join Liverpool's midfield instead?
(See article 'How good is Enzo Fernandez', by Sam Maguire in the Sporting Life website)

Jack

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I am looking forward to the season beginning again. I have enjoyed the WC, but prefer the domestic game. I am hoping for an Argentina win today, and another excellent performance from Julian Alvarez, who appears to be the bargain of the season. As for Bellingham joining my team, it is a possibility, as players like Gundogan and Mahrez come to the end of their time with us, and Bernardo continues to be the subject of speculation about a move away. Meanwhile, Vinnie continues to do incredible things at Burnley.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Strange but for whatever reason Liverpool have not had many Argentinian players last one was in 2017 and could not be called a major signing . Only really full blown first team player was Mascherano who was superb . Not one that has hit my radar but then again if he is the right fit and price then Liverpool may well have identified him .

Reactions: oldius

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could Liverpool make it more stressful for you as a supporter ? At times out attacking play was just joyful and made you glad this was your team . Then the defending was so bad you thought that heart attack was very clos

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great result for the Arse last night, steely win despite going behind..
Odegaard was magnificent and was just running the show from just about everywhere!

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Eddie Howe still surpasses all expectations with what he's doing at The Toon.

Great result last night with Almiron's goal standing out and surely a contender for goal of the month.

Not been this high in the league for donkey's years, though Man City and United still have 2 games in hand each.

Andy

Last edited:
Reactions: Devil and bencat

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just watched Liverpool's first goal again the pass by TAA was just so good . The ability to see the pass control the ball then send it with the outside of your boot right but to where you want it is just so much talent . This talent is according to Southgate is not good enough for England . Sorry but it just leaves me speechless .

Reactions: antonio66 and DIB

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just watched the highlights of the Man U./Forest game.
The form they are in means they are a danger to everyone: Rashford had a good World Cup and so did Anthony and Casemiro for Brazil.
Admittedly with Forest's abysmal away record they were entitled to win, but even so you can't but admire their team spirit under Ten Haag and the talent they have on the roster.
But can they win a Cup this year?

I see that the England World Cup manager has been retained for the Euros - but when will he see sense and shape the forward line round the Man U striker instead of the fallible Kane. Gareth Southgate is perhaps not the most dynamic manager on the planet and his sense of loyalty to the likes of Kane and McGuire will cost England dear unless he changes it round soon..

I know I have been pushing this line for about a year..but its worth repeating (cos nobody takes any notice anyway..)

Jack NSM

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy Stephenson

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well at least Southgate got one decision right in not taking Reece James to the World Cup . The medical team must have suggested that he was likely to break down again and this has proved to be the case over a month after . Very sad for the player and i really do hope he is able to properly recover as he is an immense talent . Sadly dynamic players like him have a history of breaking down and then never being able to get back to the player they were , really hope for him this is not the case .

Reactions: DIB

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arsenal have a tough run of matches, starting tonight with Brighton away. Then Newcastle at home, which I have tickets for, and it should be a good game, Spurs away, and Man Utd at home. If we are still top after that run of games, the title might be a possibility! Unfortunately we still have Man City to play twice as well 😟

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles