Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well Arsenal had a tough test today, all credit to Fulham, who look like a side that can stay in the premier league this time. We gave a very sloppy goal away to go one down, after we had dominated the first half, but failed to score, but the reaction of the team to that setback, was great, and something they have lacked for many years now. So a 2-1 victory was gained and the 100% start continues. In fairness we have had kind fixtures so far and there are lots of harder tests to come, but as Andrew said earlier you can only play whats in front of you. Villa next, and then a trip to Old Trafford!

Reactions: Devil and Tarzan

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A really good comeback win from City against a resolute and well coached Crystal Palace. Haaland will grab the headlines, and will score a shed load of goal if given the service, but the real star was Bernardo Silva who was unplayable in the second half. Alvarez looks a real player and made a difference - he looks a solid gold bargain, as did Gundogan, as ever.

I am really pleased that Jesus continued his form for Arsenal and with Raz grabbing his first goals for Chelsea - well done boys. Also a mention to Vincent Kompany, whose Burnley team ran out 1-5 winners away from home.

Reactions: Devil and greybeard

Tarzan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2007
Hornchurch, England
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Well Arsenal had a tough test today, all credit to Fulham, who look like a side that can stay in the premier league this time. We gave a very sloppy goal away to go one down, after we had dominated the first half, but failed to score, but the reaction of the team to that setback, was great, and something they have lacked for many years now. So a 2-1 victory was gained and the 100% start continues. In fairness we have had kind fixtures so far and there are lots of harder tests to come, but as Andrew said earlier you can only play whats in front of you. Villa next, and then a trip to Old Trafford!
Colin, got no interweb at the moment- where are we in the league please?

ks.234

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2015
Salisbury
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A really good comeback win from City against a resolute and well coached Crystal Palace. Haaland will grab the headlines, and will score a shed load of goal if given the service, but the real star was Bernardo Silva who was unplayable in the second half. Alvarez looks a real player and made a difference - he looks a solid gold bargain, as did Gundogan, as ever.

I am really pleased that Jesus continued his form for Arsenal and with Raz grabbing his first goals for Chelsea - well done boys. Also a mention to Vincent Kompany, whose Burnley team ran out 1-5 winners away from home.
Shall we just give the golden boot to Haaland now? He looks immense. City will win the PL this season for sure if he stays fit.

Sterling could be a very good thing for Chelsea this season. I personally think we need to rebuild from the back this season rather than look for more forward players. For this season we should try to stay as close as possible to the top two, then next year, after 12 months in the frozen north, Haaland will be itching for the sun light uplands of SW6 and we will win everything there is to win for the next decade.

Reactions: oldius

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just joined up with red membership for me, and junior one for one of my sons, hopeful we might get tickets to a game or two this season.

Reactions: Tarzan

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've just joined up with red membership for me, and junior one for one of my sons, hopeful we might get tickets to a game or two this season.
Great, we maybe able to meet up at a game! I am a silver member which normally means I can get a ticket for most games. As a Red member make sure you get online before the actual release time for Red members. I am getting tickets (hopefully) for Forest tomorrow.

Reactions: Cambs12

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
1661838018316.png

Seven years to the day since CIty signed one of the best players in our history. Anyone doubting the bias of the British media needs only to look at these headlines or listen to the inane and uniformed utterances of imbecilic punters predicting his failure. Regardless, what a player.

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well it's the Arse tonight. They must be worried that the Villa are in town :)
I have no doubt the tide will change for us sooner or later...although I would prefer the sooner option, and soon.
UTV.
* Liverpool have tabled a 20 million bid for Douggie Luiz. Cheek of it.

Last edited:

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A wonderful performance by City - truly a joy to watch. Haaland is something else and cannot be given any space or he will destroy teams with his finishing. In Alvarez, who scored two goals last night, we have a talent. To grab him for the fee we paid is a fantastic piece of business and he shows work rate, tenacity, pace and finishing ability with either foot - one with the right and an absolute peach with the left. Great to see John Stones back to fitness because he and Dias is the best central defensive combination at the club, in my view. It was an excellent performance and we are off to a quicker start than usual, mainly because we no longer need to be perfect to score. It was a good decision to take Rodri off - he is so important and has no cover due to Phillips' injury, and also to rest KDB too.

Well done to Gabby on another for Arsenal.

Reactions: greybeard and Devil

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would be great to catch up at a game Colin! How do you get to silver?
It is a long wait, dead mans shoes it seems, after 12 years of Red membership, I was upgraded to Silver. But you can not apply for it.

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers. I did manage to see the under 21s at Cambridge the other day (Carabao cup). 2-0 win. Butler-Odeyeji was a handful, scored two and nearly got his hat-trick, coming in from the wing and lashing one against the bar...

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another win last night, but we made it harder than it should have been, considering the chances we created. Well done to Villa for staying in the game, especially in the first half, when their goal was under siege. Now for the first big test of the season, a trip to our old adversaries at Old Trafford. We go there top of the League (Just for you Andy) so should be full of confidence, but they will want to be the first team to take points off us, so should be a good game! COYG!

Reactions: Devil

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I stand by my view that United are back and I am putting my money where my mouth is by betting they will beat Leicester at the King Power stadium tonight.
The teamsheet could be interesting with a number of new signings around.

Jack NSM

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sneeky win for Liverpool last night, why did the ref. Play so much extra time?

Man City looked impressive.
Answer is he did not . Did to constant time wasting by Newcastle give minutes of extra time was awarded less than it should have been but fair enough. Poor under no challenge then went down in extra time needing supposedly treatment and recovery time in extra time this took 1.52 minutes. The Liverpool goal was 2.08 minutes after the restart so pretty close to the time lost so in my view (biased of course) a fair price for the constant attempts to waste time .

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another win last night, but we made it harder than it should have been, considering the chances we created. Well done to Villa for staying in the game, especially in the first half, when their goal was under siege. Now for the first big test of the season, a trip to our old adversaries at Old Trafford. We go there top of the League (Just for you Andy) so should be full of confidence, but they will want to be the first team to take points off us, so should be a good game! COYG!
Am upset we didn't make you suffer....for any longer than 2 minutes.

Reactions: greybeard

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Answer is he did not . Did to constant time wasting by Newcastle give minutes of extra time was awarded less than it should have been but fair enough. Poor under no challenge then went down in extra time needing supposedly treatment and recovery time in extra time this took 1.52 minutes. The Liverpool goal was 2.08 minutes after the restart so pretty close to the time lost so in my view (biased of course) a fair price for the constant attempts to waste time .
Fair enough, only saw the highlights, so did not see any of that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online