2022/2023 Premier League Football Season

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wasn't impressed with Emery at Arsenal his tactics are not for the Premier , see if he's changed .

• Upvote
Reactions: greybeard

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In fairness to him Arsenal as a club were a basket case at the time with players pretty much doing what they want and him being given little authority to change it. Owners only really cared about profit and dividends and only after the shock of covid and team dropping down the table have they changed and decided to support and believe in the Manager and give him full backing .

A quick look at every club Emri has managed before and after Arsenal shows that he can succeed and has good coaching abilities but I think like perhaps Moyes and others he better suited to teams that are not currently top four . No being disrepectful to Villa fans that is were they are currently and I think Emri could well advance them further but if he does will need another Manager after that to give them the push for top six or top four . I thinkthis is a good medium term appointment but they then have to be ruthless and know when Emri has done all he can and get in the new one that will do the rest .

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
McQuire might be a good fit for Villa - he's not good enough now for a top 4 club but his class and experience might provide a rallying point for a Villa side looking to establish themselves mid-div.

And he's (just) an England International!

Jack

• Haha
Reactions: Bazzer

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
McQuire might be a good fit for Villa - he's not good enough now for a top 4 club but his class and experience might provide a rallying point for a Villa side looking to establish themselves mid-div.

And he's (just) an England International!

Jack

Glad Everton aren't interested Jack , God knows how you would have described them , Championship level :ROFLMAO:

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very poor performance from Arsenal tonight, they are looking tired, and lacking in confidence. They have ridden their luck in recent games, and tonight I thought they might do so again, after 2 goals for PSV were disallowed for offside. But it was not to be, and PSV deserved their victory. The only plus point is I have a ticket for next weeks final group game, which I thought might be a dead rubber, but now we need to win, so should be a better watch. First we have Forest, and I will also be there for that. I think they need a couple of days rest to recharge, before Sunday. COYG!

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not really sure what to expect from either team when we play Spurs at the weekend . Liverpool are like an engine with only three cylinders firing . Every now and then they run smoothly and look more like last years side but then the misfire takes over and they look way off the pace .

Despite the stupid and fake cries for Klopp to be sacked I think i would rather trust in him than many other managers. We will get it right but it will not be a quick process . Real issue for all teams this season has been the lack of proper rest and training time . Not too bad if like City you already have your fixed shape and pattern of play . Liverpool are changing and trying to adopt a new formation and blending in new players with very different strenghts and that needs work and time which we do not have. We may well be able to do something with those players not at the World Cup which is quite a few this time . This then may mean we will have a better shape and pattern when games come back in December but too late for any hope of the PL . Best we could mange and it will be a big ask is decent Cup runs and make top four .

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dont think it will be long before teams have to have a squad of 30+. It's all high energy press, and as you say, the demands on a footballers fitness is ridiculous these days.
It seems its all down to maximising investment. Money means pro players will have a shorter shelf life & have to be physically top notch.
It's sad but think football is getting more like the Fifa playstation game than the game I know & love.
Oh well....UTV :)

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Got back from my 5 day football break in London, The first game against Forest was a belter, from an Arsenal point of view ;) , 5 goals, and some crackers amongst them, and none conceded, a very good performance all round by the team, and good to see Reiss Nelson get a couple and an assist. Monday night I went to watch the academy side play Crystal Palace, in a top of the table clash, at Boreham Wood, free entry for academy games is a nice touch by Arsenal, the weather was atrocious, but both teams gave a good account of themselves, and a 1-1 draw was a fair result. The game against Zurich was all about the result which we got, in a nervy performance, but for me the Zurich fans were the stars, the support they gave their team was incredible, the noise (and unfortunately the smoke) they generated was incredible. IMG_20221103_213124.jpg

Travelled on the new Elizabeth line (crossrail) and was amazed at the engineering feat to build, well worth watching the documentaries on it, but it was the length of the platforms that really wowed me!
IMG_20221103_160802.jpg

Over 200 metres long!

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well done Arsenal great result today, ground out a solid performance on what was a very potential banana skin!
This was the first game this season I haven't watched live, either at the ground or on TV, as I had a rather important golf match for my club to play in, unfortunately we did not play as well as Arsenal :ROFLMAO: . I have now watched the Highlights, and it seems I-0 to the Arsenal may have flattered Chelsea ;). If we win our next game against Wolves, we will go into the World cup break top of the League, and that is not something i expected at the start of the season. COYG!

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This was the first game this season I haven't watched live, either at the ground or on TV, as I had a rather important golf match for my club to play in, unfortunately we did not play as well as Arsenal :ROFLMAO: . I have now watched the Highlights, and it seems I-0 to the Arsenal may have flattered Chelsea ;). If we win our next game against Wolves, we will go into the World cup break top of the League, and that is not something i expected at the start of the season. COYG!

Yes we were the much better team, but when you’re only one goal up there was always the chance that they could’ve scored a sneaky one.

Sorry about your golf match hopefully you didn’t get too wet! ☔

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes we were the much better team, but when you’re only one goal up there was always the chance that they could’ve scored a sneaky one.

Sorry about your golf match hopefully you didn’t get too wet! ☔
Luckily only one heavy shower, but some strong wind!

Reactions: Tarzan

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arsenal were by far the better team, but my word Chelsea were poor. That Mendy in net is an accident waiting to happen, the way he faffs about with the ball at his feet it looks like the opposition will chase him down every time. Getting rid of Aubameyang looks more and more a wise move by Arsenal, he was pretty awful yesterday.

They look like real contenders to me but my word Arteta doesn't half annoy the hell out of me with his antics on the sideline.

The least said about my team the better (MUFC) but fair play to Villa they were far more up for it then us apparently. I'm glad it wasn't on the box now :)

Reactions: greybeard and AnilS

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arsenal were by far the better team, but my word Chelsea were poor. That Mendy in net is an accident waiting to happen, the way he faffs about with the ball at his feet it looks like the opposition will chase him down every time. Getting rid of Aubameyang looks more and more a wise move by Arsenal, he was pretty awful yesterday.

They look like real contenders to me but my word Arteta doesn't half annoy the hell out of me with his antics on the sideline.

The least said about my team the better (MUFC) but fair play to Villa they were far more up for it then us apparently. I'm glad it wasn't on the box now :)
I watched it live (Now Sports). It was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. ;)
UTV.

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Agreed, Arteta is like a bag of ferrets on the touch line, he’s bound to get booked soon.. 🤔

Reactions: Tarzan

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just listened to Everton's Connor Coady on the radio. The pride he expressed in making the World Cup squad was palpable and his total commitment to Everton was clear. I can understand why he is so highly regarded off the pitch as well as on it. He is just the sort of character I feel that every dressing room needs. Intelligent and level headed, and not up himself like so many footballers these days. You can see why he is regarded as such a good organiser on the pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.