Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Going up to Old Trafford on March 11th for the visit of Southampton.
Despite the points deficit, Man U still have an outside chance of the Premiership. (Man City and Arsenal game soon when someone is going to drop some points.)
City seem to have lost some form judging from their recent performances and Arsenal may yet get the jitters.
Unnecessary sending off in the Crystal Palace not a help to the Red Devils cause. Radio Five Live team were aghast at the decision. Antony started it - why start pushing and shoving off the ball? Stupid!
How the England manager must be ruing his decision not to play Rashford in the World Cup! (He was in this form at the time.)
Jack.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Going up to Old Trafford on March 11th for the visit of Southampton.
Despite the points deficit, Man U still have an outside chance of the Premiership. (Man City and Arsenal game soon when someone is going to drop some points.)
City seem to have lost some form judging from their recent performances and Arsenal may yet get the jitters.
Unnecessary sending off in the Crystal Palace not a help to the Red Devils cause. Radio Five Live team were aghast at the decision. Antony started it - why start pushing and shoving off the ball? Stupid!
How the England manager must be ruing his decision not to play Rashford in the World Cup! (He was in this form at the time.)
Jack.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Luckily two of Casemiro's missing games are against Leeds. A costly 3 game ban but it could have been worse. Leeds are going through a bad patch and now managerless so probably the best time to play them with or without Casemiro. Anthony needs to sort himself out, he seems the sort of person who could start an argument in an empty room.

Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Man U are without Eriksen (ankle), Antony (lost his head), Martial, McTomenay, Van De Beek and Casemiro (suspended) for tonights home fixture against managerless Leeds.

They can still put out a formidable eleven and will surely be too much for Leeds and their striker Bamford who looked totally devoid of form on the comeback trail in Leeds' most recent game. Fernandez is standing up to these quick matches remarkably well. Though what are the odds he gets himself another yellow?

No bet for me.
Its a good job its not Don Revie's mob as the Reds would have had a few carried off on stretchers (which they can ill afford) back in the day!

I will be listening anxiously...

Jack NSM

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Rumour has it that Qatari investors are planning to buy Man U and invest a ton of money in new players in a bid to shoot for the title next season. (Which kind of assumes that they wont win it this season..)
Please, please do not buy Harry Kane!

Jack

Reactions: DIB

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Rumour has it that Qatari investors are planning to buy Man U and invest a ton of money in new players in a bid to shoot for the title next season. (Which kind of assumes that they wont win it this season..)
Please, please do not buy Harry Kane!

Jack

Whomever buys United I hope ETH remains front and centre. He has made a huge difference this season and the only way is up with him at the helm.

• Upvote
Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Cambs12

Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
329016043_574994444277127_995298209160334404_n.jpg

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its Abbot time it all came out.
I've heard Corbyn was used as a decoy so the nation ignored City's accountant ?
No smoke without fire.

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Got to say that was a poor result for Newcastle.

Begs the question - How come Bournemouth are relegation candidates? I'll have to watch MOTD to see if it was The Toon playing poorly or did The Cherries just put up enough of a performance to deserve the draw.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Good luck to Manchester City, after a difficult week. The press conference was quite remarkable, with Pep showing the leadership and balls that single him out as a remarkable manager, and man. The constant unnamed accusations are tiresome, as are the repeated lies for clicks, and I hope, genuinely, that City wins the case, and then works through every, single one of these parasites. The fine (by CAS) that is often used as some kind of evidence of guilt is always an interesting one: City admitted that they had refused to cooperate with UEFA, and therefore happily took the fine. However, the fine was reduced from £50m to £10m because CAS accepted City's evidence that they refused to cooperate because they did not trust UEFA, with submitted papers ending in the hands of third parties. I have little doubt that some of City's defence in this case will be about vested interests and their influence on the PL case.

On a separate note, what kind of professional organisation only allows two out of nineteen of its members (Manchester United and Liverpool) to vet candidates for the new CEO position, and then objects to independent regulation of its activities, as do five of the other 'top 6 clubs'?

Last edited:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As with all things under investigation we will all have to wait for the result . Because this is not a case in law but under PL rules then the media are given free hand to comment and angle how they wish . As with all media good news of no news is rubbish compared to bad news so no real surprise they are all presuming guilt rather than innocence and as this out side law they are allowed to do this .

Just one point CAS did not find City innocent on all charges only those that were less than two years old . City lawyers made all the other charges unable to be judged by invoking a time lock . It was in this case all of those earlier charges that had the most and detailed proof . This not saying they were guilty but just that it was never allowed to be judged on .

As for Liverpool and Utd being the instigators no real surprise their both clubs US owned the most litigious nation in the world . Is it right ? In my view no it is not but the PL sets its own rules and all clubs have sign up to them if they want to be in PL . This again is unfair but that's the breaks . It would be wonderful if the current Government got off its arse and set up an independent body to oversee the PL and give it real powers and teeth but I suspect this will continue to be delayed and watered down before anything is enshrined in law .

Good luck to City if they fully establish their innocence but don't fret too much of they are found guilty . The punishment will only be a fine and at worst points deduction in a season that does not matter so no harm done .

I doubt that any PL club is clean I am fully convinced that my team are not so there is little choice accept the current status quo or stop supporting and going to football . Currently I am still going to go to matches but this is growing more fraught each Season .

Last edited:
Reactions: greybeard

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Enjoyed my day at the Emirates yesterday, if not the result. Positives first, the fans again created a fantastic atmosphere, and the team did play some good football, the negatives, VAR, they took 3 minutes, to then come to the wrong decision (twice!) it beggars belief! Arsenal are definitely having a dip in form, and seem to have lost their cutting edge. Brentford in all fairness deserved their point, they had 3 good chances in the first half, which they spurned. Defensively we looked frail in the first 45 minutes, second half we were better, and deservedly took the lead, only to have it snatched away by VAR's ineptitude :mad:

Reactions: Devil and Cambs12

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
As with all things under investigation we will all have to wait for the result . Because this is not a case in law but under PL rules then the media are given free hand to comment and angle how they wish . As with all media good news of no news is rubbish compared to bad news so no real surprise they are all presuming guilt rather than innocence and as this out side law they are allowed to do this .

Just one point CAS did not find City innocent on all charges only those that were less than two years old . City lawyers made all the other charges unable to be judged by invoking a time lock . It was in this case all of those earlier charges that had the most and detailed proof . This not saying they were guilty but just that it was never allowed to be judged on .

As for Liverpool and Utd being the instigators no real surprise their both clubs US owned the most litigious nation in the world . Is it right ? In my view no it is not but the PL sets its own rules and all clubs have sign up to them if they want to be in PL . This again is unfair but that's the breaks . It would be wonderful if the current Government got off its arse and set up an independent body to oversee the PL and give it real powers and teeth but I suspect this will continue to be delayed and watered down before anything is enshrined in law .

Good luck to City if they fully establish their innocence but don't fret too much of they are found guilty . The punishment will only be a fine and at worst points deduction in a season that does not matter so no harm done .

I doubt that any PL club is clean I am fully convinced that my team are not so there is little choice accept the current status quo or stop supporting and going to football . Currently I am still going to go to matches but this is growing more fraught each Season .
The reference to Liverpool and United being instigators was not about the case. That was about those two clubs vetting the new PL CEO. No other clubs were involved. City would like independent regulation of the PL as they believe that certain clubs have too much influence. That is what the government white paper is about that was due to be heard two days after the PL charged City.

The issue Pep alluded to was this:
The judgment reveals that on 9 March this year, nine other Premier League clubs wrote to Cas opposing any attempt by City to seek a “stay of execution” allowing them to play in Europe next season if the appeal hearing was delayed. The clubs were Arsenal, Burnley, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle, Tottenham and Wolves. But three weeks later City told Cas it had not requested a stay of execution. Cas agreed with City that the clubs’ claim was therefore “moot”.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Thankfully, a win for City yesterday. The line-up was one filled with experience and leadership, and it made a statement about the type of game Pep wanted. The first half saw some excellent football and complete control of the game. The fans were up for it, and so were the players. The second have was sloppy, and one where the changes made reduced the effectiveness of the team. The refereeing was strange, again: Haaland's 'foul' on the keeper was ridiculous, as was Dias' 'menacing' run to the referee - if that is a booking then Fernandes would have been banned many, many times. As for the Grealish penalty, I thought it was a dive, and then the replay and the commentary made me question my first choice.

I think the Arsenal game will be a real challenge. They are in better form than us, but we have the players to beat anyone, on our day. Mostly, I am just looking forward to what happens on the pitch: the other stuff is just frustrating and tiring, no matter how removed from it we may be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles