32inch LCD less than £599

syep2001

Wammer
Wammer
May 5, 2006
2,990
71
93
Plymouth
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've seen I can get the Sony BraviaLCD for £599 delivered, is this the best TV in this price range?

I know i said TFT in the title - oops meant LCD?!!

 
A

Alex A

Guest
I knew what you meant anyway.

This is a really weird recommendation, and not what you might expect, but the current Hitachi 32" is by far and away the best 32" around. Much richer colours, far far far better black levels than any of the new Sharp, Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sharp rivals currently available. This is based on seeing them all in a row with a BBC HD HDMI feed in a specialist retailer.

It also has a motorised swing which can be remote operated. Two HDMI. Three scart. PC input. Audio LR output etc. Very very sophisticated (and complex) picture adjustment settings. Completely surprised me when I told the chap I wanted a 32" LCD and he recommended this, but it's by far and away the most complete and capable TV and very cheap too. Better than a Bravia V series (at over £1k). You can get these for £650 delivered.

If you're determined to stick below £600, I'd recommend the Panasonic 32LMD70, or the outgoing Tosh range which won all the awards and can be had for £499. If you want links drop me a pm.

 

Nawty

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 18, 2007
436
0
0
Hampshire
AKA
Ned
If you're not a brand snob then these are very very good
smile.png


http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?HYD-Q320

 

hifinut

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2006
900
1
0
Ramsgate Southeast K
AKA
Paul
Be carefull with sale prices some are old specs and have DVI not HDMI which is the better connection and should have 2 at leastyou also should expect a digital tuner built in too.
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif


Most people have say a dvd a game system and mayby sat too if they all have HDMI your buggered with just one input.
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif


Currys have been selling sets off recently I was offerd them when looking but didnt buy due to old technology 1 HDMI and NO digi tuner waste of money they have since then reduced them more so where not current models I was expected to belive the staff told me:td:

This is what I brought bargain price and full connectivity and 2 tuners 1 analogue 1 digi,had good reviews all round and will do me for a while till full HD filters down.

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PANA-TX32LXD60

 
A

Alex A

Guest
Haven't seen that one sorry. I don't think it's a 'star buy' as it were. Then again it's probably not £200 worse.

 

Nick

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
588
0
0
Edinburgh, , United
I would be very careful at this price point just because it is an LCD does not mean you are going to get a good picture and by good I mean acceptable. Stick with the newest screen you can from a big manufacturer and you should be alright. At £599 I would look at the new Panasonic models, the WD1 from Sharp or the Sony you mentioned.

 

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
30,402
582
173
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
How are you finding it Simon?

I have just started looking with a similar budget (could possibly stretch to £700 for TV only)

it is a bit confusing to say the least! The Sony I saw in Comet was the same as yours for £600 but the Sony Bravia in Curry's was a KDL32V2500 and was £850.

Also in Curry's I quite liked the Toshiba 32C3030D for £650 but in Comet they had a Toshiba WLT68 for £800

Also liked the Phillips 32PFL5522 for £650 in Curry's.

That was just dropping in to the two of them after work one evening, then I have a Richer Sounds with a whole wall of TV's at this price point and I haven't got as clue what I'm looking at!

 

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
9,809
1,189
193
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I reckon this 32" Panasonic is a good buy at 650 notes:

31zy-EmWboL._SS400_.jpg


Although, I would agree with Nick's comment aboutgetting as new ascreenas you can becauseolderand less costlymodels (perhaps obviously) have inferior picture quality and less connectivity.

I spenta fair wedgeon my 32"Philips LCD (32PF9731)and, while the picture is excellent compared to many LCDs I saw during my research for a new screen, itisn't much better than my old Sony CRT - especially in terms of contrast, brightnessand viewing angle.

 

syep2001

Wammer
Wammer
May 5, 2006
2,990
71
93
Plymouth
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tel wrote:

How are you finding it Simon?I have just started looking with a similar budget (could possibly stretch to £700 for TV only)

it is a bit confusing to say the least! The Sony I saw in Comet was the same as yours for £600 but the Sony Bravia in Curry's was a KDL32V2500 and was £850.

That was just dropping in to the two of them after work one evening, then I have a Richer Sounds with a whole wall of TV's at this price point and I haven't got as clue what I'm looking at!
The ones the big shops have are the U series sony LCD's, this is the S series, the newer model as far as I can tell and is visibly a lot better. The currys one you mention is the better version and is £850, the same tele as mine was in my comet for 699.

 

Arfa

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 29, 2006
1,377
2
0
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Sony Bravia's are good, if I may say so, without sounding too biased... I have the 32V2000 and its not bad at all. 1 hdmi port is the only down side. However Sony do some cheaper which don't have the Bravia engine. I would recommend you avoid these and go for the ones with the Bravia engine. I know it sounds like a marketing ploy to charge you more, but it does make quite a difference to the picture quality. Much better contrast, blacker blacks, generally more vibrant and absorbing.

I see the model KDL32S2530, does have the engine, so your sorted. The default settings will look a bit pants mind, generally too bright and washed out. Pop over the AVForums, lots of natter over there on what settings look best.

Bit peeved at the moment, as I ordered a mate the KDL-26S2030U off staff sales (£432!), but Parcel-2-Go & DHL have 'lost' it at their dept... Fecking thieving c*nts!

 

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
30,402
582
173
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
Jezzer wrote:

I reckon this 32" Panasonic is a good buy at 650 notes:
31zy-EmWboL._SS400_.jpg


Although, I would agree with Nick's comment aboutgetting as new ascreenas you can becauseolderand less costlymodels (perhaps obviously) have inferior picture quality and less connectivity.

I spenta fair wedgeon my 32"Philips LCD (32PF9731)and, while the picture is excellent compared to many LCDs I saw during my research for a new screen, itisn't much better than my old Sony CRT - especially in terms of contrast, brightnessand viewing angle.
Jezzer, what Panasonic model is that?

 
A

Alex A

Guest
That is the wrong picture I think. That was an interim range designed to clear their stock of the 60 series (they just painted it black). The proper pictures aren't on the panasonic website.

The current models are the TX-32LMD70 and TX-32LXD70. Both 32" of course and both very recent models. The LXD is slightly more expensive and slightly better. See here for more info.

 

syep2001

Wammer
Wammer
May 5, 2006
2,990
71
93
Plymouth
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arfa wrote:

The Sony Bravia's are good, if I may say so, without sounding too biased... I have the 32V2000 and its not bad at all. 1 hdmi port is the only down side. However Sony do some cheaper which don't have the Bravia engine. I would recommend you avoid these and go for the ones with the Bravia engine. I know it sounds like a marketing ploy to charge you more, but it does make quite a difference to the picture quality. Much better contrast, blacker blacks, generally more vibrant and absorbing.I see the model KDL32S2530, does have the engine, so your sorted. The default settings will look a bit pants mind, generally too bright and washed out. Pop over the AVForums, lots of natter over there on what settings look best.

Bit peeved at the moment, as I ordered a mate the KDL-26S2030U off staff sales (£432!), but Parcel-2-Go & DHL have 'lost' it at their dept... Fecking thieving c*nts!
Yea the V series are still the ones to have, however I don't think I could ever warrant spending nigh on a grand on a tele lol

Mines coming via currys delivery
wacko.png
oh well, be here monday!

 

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
2,212
1
83
United Kingdom
This thread inspired me to look in John Lewis today. It's all flat lcds now. Now CRTs.

And only 2 were acceptable. Aceeptable - not amazing. Are there any shops selling regular tellies nowadays?

 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
109,313
Messages
2,317,626
Members
69,455
Latest member
OpenSea_0