Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You gotta say, what an improvement over the Sri Lanka visit. What the hell is SO different.

Could it be not having Freddie as skipper. Don't get me wrong, the guy is outstanding as a player, but perhaps that's what's changed. You would normally fancy Pakistan to play better than Sri Lanka.

Apperently the Pakistanies are all up in arms about the selection, but even so they have a strong side.

Blue Floyd

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 1, 2006
Essex, , United King
I do not think Flintoff makes a good skipper. He is too democratic and matey-matey. Good qualities to have as a person but not for a cricket captain IMHO.

No, what England need as a leader is someone from the Mike Brearly mould. But who ? Theres the rub.

G

I agree. Just think back to Botham . Should never have made him skipper . The best player doesn't mean the best captain. Unless your Martin Johnson of course:notworthy:

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet wrote:

I agree. Just think back to Botham . Should never have made him skipper . The best player doesn't mean the best captain. Unless your Martin Johnson of course:notworthy:
God.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
84-5 at lunch. Crucially, one of the wickets is chief run-getter Mohammed Yusuf. With him back in the pavilion, I think England have got a very good chance. If they do nail this, it'll be a well-deserved feather in Strauss' cap for sure.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JonR wrote:

84-5 at lunch. Crucially, one of the wickets is chief run-getter Mohammed Yusuf. With him back in the pavilion, I think England have got a very good chance. If they do nail this, it'll be a well-deserved feather in Strauss' cap for sure.
Strauss could end up skipper longer term. And that's no bad thing IMO. Freddy had a terrible time against the Sri Lankans. Plus Freddie and Vaughan are still injured, stick with Strauss and build toward that Ashes defence.

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
What's with all the run-outs? Taking a run to Collingwood at point is just bonkers!

All to the good, tho`.

Still time for Harmison to take a hat trick
biggrin.png

Boxer

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
Strauss could end up skipper longer term. And that's no bad thing IMO. Freddy had a terrible time against the Sri Lankans.
I agree, Flintoff has responsibility enough as theEngland all-rounder and so-called 'talisman'. Whilst I think he was unlucky as a captain against Sri Lanka, the Ashes is not the series to burden him with the captaincy on top of all his other responsibilities. This assumes, of course, that he will be fully fit. I think Strauss has led the team well against Pakistanand deserves his chance. Scoring a century as he did yesterday will also help to scotch any fears that the captaincy will hinder his batting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0