Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Original price £15,000. You can buy it for just under £7,000.

It is the best 'in existence'.

Better than this can only be foundin thedreams of men.

Or maybe it can only be bettered in theinfinite wisdom of God?

I bet it is brilliant.

And you get £15,000 worth of brilliance for just £7,000. You get £8,000 worth of brilliance for free. That is enough brilliance to fill two large garden sheds.

Ebay-link-to-the-best-in-existence-for-just-£7000

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Blimey, a car or two lengths of speaker cable? Hmm, what to do.
kaffeetrinker_2.gif.ba76878d555418d609a6f9e8389072ea.gif

I've seen better looking cable too! That looks a bit scratty.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's a coincidence. That's what I'm taking to the South Midlands bake-off. It's great with my £500 Revolvers.

Seriously though, 7K buys a lot of decent hi-fi, not just cable. (Bloody hell, that's enough for a pair of s/h Focal Utopia Altos) It would be great to do a blind test with a few mates round; this against some Maplin cable. You would be pretty pissed off if your mates preferred the Van Damme.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao::raoflmfao:

Hmmmm lets see now.

VFM? well I havn't heard them but at that rate, they'd have to turn my system into one exactly twice as good...the equivalent of a new £1000 cartridge, some serious valves and a pair of Arts?

G

but if you have a bank account like elton johns 7k is just loose change.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you're elton john, you've enough silver thread in your boxers to act as cables...just unravel a bit and screw them in (beginning to wish I hadn't said that...still it's a bit early for Marco).

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You could buy the cables for nearly 7k and then haggle over the postage. 'Ah come on, have you weighed them? 25 quid is a bit steep mate', etc.
biggrin.png

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet wrote:

Sugar they're only 8 ft long :Upset: I need 12 ft lengths 

tongue.png
Mais pourquoi Monsieur Duvét?

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fellas, if you are worried about postage costs then Ithink it is safe tosay these cables are not for you.

These cables are for the person who wants the best cables 'in existence'.

I imaginesuch a personwill charter their own jet and collect them in person.

Look. If you are thinking of buying these cables and then taking them home on the bus to save on the postage costs then forget it. They are not for you.

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
There’s a niche market for stupid people. This particular loudspeaker cable is there to meet this demand.

A

adam

70GBP to post to Spain,:lmao:does the queen deliever it personally?

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
that'd be Jack Lawson at the Audio Salon. Bought my Omega drive from his establishment.

One thing I do have issue with is the fact that the Salon is part of his house.

I do think, and quite strongly too, that the Hifi Industry does need to clean up its act generally and only supply bona fide retailers with registered business premises, (and business rates to boot) . That said, the 'townhouse' is in the West end of Glasgow (around 10 mins walk from my own pokey 325 sq.foot shop unit in a moderately undesireable location) and being quite large is prohibitively expensive, so I suppose that evens out the playing field somewhat.

Anyone who can seemingly rebadge Maplin Shark interconnect cable and sell it for £125 for a stereo metre, AND keep a straight face whilst doing it is clearly a master salesman...
wink.png
(that said, the phono connectors are quite good)

stefanher

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2006
Lincs, , United King
AKA
Stefan
kennyk wrote:

that'd be Jack Lawson at the Audio Salon. Bought my Omega drive from his establishment. One thing I do have issue with is the fact that the Salon is part of his house.

I do think, and quite strongly too, that the Hifi Industry does need to clean up its act generally and only supply bona fide retailers with registered business premises, (and business rates to boot) . That said, the 'townhouse' is in the West end of Glasgow (around 10 mins walk from my own pokey 325 sq.foot shop unit in a moderately undesireable location) and being quite large is prohibitively expensive, so I suppose that evens out the playing field somewhat.

Anyone who can seemingly rebadge Maplin Shark interconnect cable and sell it for £125 for a stereo metre, AND keep a straight face whilst doing it is clearly a master salesman...
wink.png
(that said, the phono connectors are quite good)
I've seen Audio Salon's adverts in the press & they certainly stock some good & well regarded gear. However is anyone in their right mind going to pay this amount of money for cable without an audition? The hassle of forking out this money, trying it at home , waiting for it to burn in & then 3 months later realising you've been had can't be worth it even to those with this type of cash in the first place.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
If someone on here buys it, could they please send it round for blind testing against some Van Damme or Shark wire?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles