A point and shoot for the wife

G

Mrs Duvet wants an easy point and shoot with good results digital camera. Is the Panasonic Lumix range the one to go for orare their other contenders out . I suppose a couple of hundred quid at the max .

Cheers in advance .

The Swedish Chef

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2005
Göteborg, , Sweden
AKA
Philip
The Lumix is a brilliant little toy, really nice to use and with very good result. Picked mine up a few weeks ago and am impressed by it. Would not want anything else from a point and shoot digital.

Mine is the FX33

G

:Di wondered how many posts before that . Well done Sodders just two needed.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bought my missus a Canon Ixus 75 from Amazon not too long ago. Had thought about the Lumix but the Canon is half the weight (and much more compact). Easy to fit into the pocket/handbag.

The Canon has 60 (99% positive)reviews on Amazon and is now less than half price at a mere £130...

Review here:

http://www.cameras.co.uk/camera-reviews/canon-ixus-75.cfm

:^

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
"A point and shoot for the wife".

Are you still after that turn table mate, seems drastic but fair doo's. Prbably one of these will do it:

luger.jpg

If you need a hand digging up the garden let me know. ;)

julian2002

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2005
Lakeside Wixams
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
depends what you want it for - if it's low light indoor stuff - parties, etc. then go for a fuji - i have the f50fd which is amazing in low light conditions, has little shutter lag when pressing the button and a reasonably quick flash recharge time. it's aparently not as good as the older f series fujis for low light snaps but it does me proud and beats my old olympus mju to hell and back. it's also got a metal case and the face detection / red eye removal is brilliant.

it's also got a number of manual modes so you can mess around with exposure times and all that razz if you want but to be honest i cant be titted with all that... point camera at scantily clad woman, click, job done is all i want...

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
canon sx100/pany tz3....canon has the better pic quality, pany the better zoom range, but both top goods for family piccy taking IMO.

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Planning on getting the new Pentax W60 next month for the wifes birthday if it get released as planned.

On a personel note can recommend a Glock 29 Duvet (miss those days at Uni :cs: ):

glock29.gif

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
I cannot count, so I suggest this. It points. And it shoots.

513tDkcgxuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Otherwise, I have the same Lumix as Chef. I have some reservations about its indoor performace though

Unlike Mr North

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.