Comfortably Numb
Staff member
Jul 19, 2007
North Nott's
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very nice Keith. I look forward to your comments on how they sound, in particular how they behave when close to rear walls. I love it when Sony makes a statement piece.

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
Hamish Hi, not sure re price in the US I believe they are around $20k ,it has been a real struggle to find someone at Sony who knows the person that could be in charge of this particular division, that might be able to arrange a loan pair!

Keith.

B

BD Audio

Hi Keith, it says at the end of the review a price of $27,000.

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
Very nice Keith. I look forward to your comments on how they sound, in particular how they behave when close to rear walls. I love it when Sony makes a statement piece.
Yes they need to work reasonably close to walls ,that is one of the main reasons for borrowing them, they sounded good in a fairly enormous room in Munich, we havent had much success with rear ported speakers thus far!

Keith.

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
Well the very nice man from Sony was as good as his word ,and this morning a very beautiful dark brown pair of Sony SS-AR1 loudspeakers arrived.

Keith

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
Yes Ideal for putting your Nic Naks on, they sound rich and powerful, not at all forward,, they sound,very nice actually.

Elegant looking too.

Kr Keith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles