Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Elsewhere I have detailed the problem I currently have with my Touch which may well end up being unusable quite soon . So I have to look at the prospect of replacing it and what the most cost effective options are.

Seen the Cocktail x10 and if you buy without HD then it is around 300GBP .A hybrid drive with SSD and HD at 2 TB would be about 80GBP and this should present me with one option. However never used this unit before so have no idea if it sounds okay and works well . Anyone with any knowledge about it ?

Another option is something like the Denon 720 which can be had for about 199GBP it has not screen which I find useful but think you can download an Android App and could use my phone as controller. Again not really had any time with the unit but presume it should work okay and at least match the Touch for sound quality.

Just to be clear I will only be using the streaming side of whatever I use as I will feed a digital out signal in to my system and the media streamer with be ethernet wired into home network and a lap top wit 2 TB USB drive stores all the files.

Any thoughts or suggestions for simple solutions that will work ?

Just to be clear

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've heard these are rather poor in terms of Drive noise Andrew. A Synology NAS would give you most of the functionality you need + internet radio & can output bit perfect digital audio via USB. They're absolutely whisper quiet for streaming & good for a lot more besides. My DS213 is also excellent for streaming Audio/Video content through my new OPPO BDP103D. The Synology Apps are also brilliant with well thought through/slick interfaces. :cool:

huwge

Wammer
Wammer
May 11, 2007
Cymru
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've heard these are rather poor in terms of Drive noise Andrew. A Synology NAS would give you most of the functionality you need + internet radio & can output bit perfect digital audio via USB. They're absolutely whisper quiet for streaming & good for a lot more besides. My DS214 is also excellent for streaming Audio/Video content through my new OPPO BDP103D. The Synology Apps are also brilliant with well thought through/slick interfaces. :cool:
Do you stream wirelessly to the oppo?

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yup I've hooked up the supplied USB Wi-Fi dongle & it works a treat for streaming video content from the NAS. :cool:

Do you stream wirelessly to the oppo?

Radioham

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Peterborough.
AKA
Alan Ralph
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have used my x10 for about 2 years. Very pleased as I work all day with computers and dont want them in the hifi. You will have to pay extra for the wifi dongle. I take the optical output into a v-dac, although the standard out is quite good. Its a pity you are paying for a power amp which is not being used. There is the new x30 but its a lot more money. I have not noticed any noise problems. There is a good uk forum and software updates and release notes, is a lot better than many manufacturers. Internet radio seems to work well.

Alan

iquadius

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2011
Bangor NI
AKA
Mike
Any thoughts or suggestions for simple solutions that will work ?
Hi Andrew, I replied on your other post also ........ surely simplest is to stick with Logitech, either used duet receiver or another touch ....... receivers are two a penny, quite reasonable, robust and easily modded ..... standard sp/dif out is excellent tho. Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles