extremeride22

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 17, 2021
Toronto
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Timster

I placed the Utopik on my Klimax Hub with the only other option available for my current system would have been a Utopik for my Akurate Exaktbox 6

I did not think that the Utopik would have made such substantial improvements that it did to my system, so it was absolutely the best choice for me. The Utopik greatly exceeded my expectations!!!

Now having actual experience with the Utopik, I am confident that the Utopik will benefit any Linn opponent that it is fitted to.
Boy oh boy I’m happy to hear that I just ordered the Utopik for my ASH and looking forward to hearing the change. That being said I truly love my current setup but if it makes things that much better then why not. Cheers…….🍷🍷

LSPC

LSPC
Wammer
Sep 19, 2020
Poole,Dorset
AKA
Lee.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Boy oh boy I’m happy to hear that I just ordered the Utopik for my ASH and looking forward to hearing the change. That being said I truly love my current setup but if it makes things that much better then why not. Cheers…….🍷🍷
Yes please report back been thinking about doing this before the Jan price hikes :rolleyes: but your thoughts maybe too late depending on waiting times :(

Reactions: Ray Vardy

LSPC

LSPC
Wammer
Sep 19, 2020
Poole,Dorset
AKA
Lee.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The price would be that at the time of placing the order.
I realise about the time of placing order ,but if extremeride 22 has only just ordered his it might take some weeks before he has it fitted and a chance to give his thoughts. I was hoping to get some solid evidence/thoughts on whether this is a good upgrade for an ASH (don't know anyone who has done this upgrade yet)or whether the money would be better spent elsewhere .

Reactions: akamatsu

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I realise about the time of placing order ,but if extremeride 22 has only just ordered his it might take some weeks before he has it fitted and a chance to give his thoughts. I was hoping to get some solid evidence/thoughts on whether this is a good upgrade for an ASH (don't know anyone who has done this upgrade yet)or whether the money would be better spent elsewhere .
@Paulssurround Utopik'd his KSH I believe. If his experience is anything to go by, it would surprise me if the ASH didn't have a similar impact.

LSPC

LSPC
Wammer
Sep 19, 2020
Poole,Dorset
AKA
Lee.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Paulssurround Utopik'd his KSH I believe. If his experience is anything to go by, it would surprise me if the ASH didn't have a similar impact.
I see your point Timster , but from what I have heard the KSH is a good way in front of an ASH to start with . I am on the fence as to upgrade to Selekt hub and add Utopik as and when funds allow or upgrade the ASH (which I'm happy with at present :rolleyes: )with Utopik.

Last edited:

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I am so excited the hear someone is going to try it in an Akurate system hub. I'm sure it'll make a difference.

Craigas

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
I heard Paul's KSH w/Utopik the other day, and it truly sounds stupid good. No words really, as he also has a few tweaks that seems to put it over the top for how an Akubarik system should rightly sound.

My KSH w/Utopik should arrive in a few days, so will report back on my humble system..

• Love

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I see your point Timster , but from what I have heard the KSH is good way in front of an ASH to start with . I am on the fence as to upgrade to Selekt hub and add Utopik as and when funds allow or upgrade the ASH (which I'm happy with at present :rolleyes: )with Utopik.
Ahh, OK. All Selekts come with Utopik, or are you contemplating s/h 1st gen? If you decide to upgrade the ASH it will improve things but down the road I'm not sure you'll get your money back. ASH/AEDSMs are not easy beasts to shift, and trade-in is probably a non-starter too from my experience. Having a Utopik in it probably won't help.
If I were you I'd put the 1.3k towards the Selekt fund.

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
To be fair, they still sell, but at a price. So with the Utopik in it, it's more saleable. You're never gonna make money on this racket, so she the Utopik will depreciate, but it'll still sell at a price. If an ASH Utopik came up today, I'd jump on it, at a price.

Suffolkboy

Wammer
Apr 19, 2020
I see your point Timster , but from what I have heard the KSH is a good way in front of an ASH to start with . I am on the fence as to upgrade to Selekt hub and add Utopik as and when funds allow or upgrade the ASH (which I'm happy with at present :rolleyes: )with Utopik.
When using the same psu , the selekt is definitely better than akurate the exakt clocking was improved. If you can justify it I would go for classik or edition hub, which comes with utopik, claim your free utopik for the akurate making it more attractive for sale.

timster

Linnguist
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Wiltshire, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When using the same psu , the selekt is definitely better than akurate the exakt clocking was improved. If you can justify it I would go for classik or edition hub, which comes with utopik, claim your free utopik for the akurate making it more attractive for sale.
Still unconvinced about saleability of the ASH. However I think LSPC won't be in time for the promotion or he would have done it already, as I did.
Spending 1.3k for the upgrade would only be worthwhile if he intended to keep the ASH for a reasonable amount of time. He won't get the outlay back even if I'm wrong about resale of ASH. My understanding is that LSPC intends to upgrade to Selekt eventually. The judgement to make depends on, how long is that going to take, how much longer if 1.3k has gone into the ASH, and is that time with the upgrade enough to make it worth it.
If you see what I mean 😏

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles