Wammer
Mar 11, 2010
Trujillo Alto, PR
AKA
Victor Diaz
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

Several months ago my Akurate DS/0 and my Akurate Kontrol preamp stopped communicating with each other, and I cannot control the preamp from Kazoo or any other control software app. I swapped the interconnecting cable with a new one from Linn but no luck,  have done full factory resets to both the Akurate DS/0 and the Akurate Kontrol, checked all configuration settings in both units as per instruction manuals, and even did a few firmware reloads on the Akurate DS/0 but still they don't talk to each other.

Ideas? Has anyone experienced this?

vicdiaz

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2010
Trujillo Alto, PR
AKA
Victor Diaz
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure about the Akurate Kontrol but with the kk the name of the input on the kk must match exactly the name of the Ds (so case sensitive).

When you say manuals, are they the ones that were supplied?  Have you tried Linndocs?...

http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Systems#Akurate_DS_.26_Akurate_Kontrol_.28.26_Akurate_CD.2FUnidisk.29
Hi,

Yes, the ones in LinnDocs. I do recall checking the names but I will recheck again. It just stopped working without any reason at all.

KR

vicdiaz

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2010
Trujillo Alto, PR
AKA
Victor Diaz
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Everything checked and rechecked, even a new Linn RS-232 interconnect but no luck... Trying to find an older DS (first generation) to diagnose which RS-232 port is gone (DS or Kontrol) and see if Linn can still repair it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online