Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I went from Majik Aktiv Ninkas to Exaktbox-i, and it was great. I haven't had Naim in my system in a decade, but I can assure you that Akurate Exakt (with SPACE) is really good. It's not Naim in yer face, but it's subtleties and transparency will beguile you.

Reactions: Nondigital Paul

hashluck

Wammer
Jan 9, 2022
United Kingdom
www.rlaliquemascots.com
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Accurate Exaktbox-I is a truly under estimated piece of kit. I went from Keilidhs to Ninkas with it and now Kudos Titan 505s and the difference is truly stunning... never imagined the AEBi was ever capable of this level of performance.
Still the bargain of the entire Linn range. Buy one whilst you still can.

Geektastic

Wammer
Jan 7, 2021
Near Wellington, NZ
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have one running M140’s.

It’s very very good; the NZ Linn agent said he thought that it’s the best solution below Klimax level that Linn offer after Akudoriks were discontinued.

I’ve never heard Klimax level or Akudoriks personally (I don’t want a divorce…!) so I can’t speak to the veracity of that view but it’s a setup that sounds far better than a NZ$8,000 speaker would usually be expected to, that’s for sure.

Nondigital Paul

Wammer
Jan 29, 2020
Do you mock me?
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like this is a definite option for me in future. Although I may go down the pre-owned route if I do take the plunge. The reason I asked was that over the next 3-5 years we may sell up and move abroad. Downsizing the box count and saving space would be preferred and I only believe I can do this and retain SQ by going active. The Exaktbox-I solution is the only one I have come across that meets my criteria and is affordable. I’ve also been looking at the latest Selekt DSM. With the AEBI no Selekt DSM cartridges would be required so the entry level would suffice and give me the option to add the surround cartridges and a 2nd AEBI. Adding the benefit of making my existing surround system (and 2nd hifi system) redundant too. All sounds too good to be true so I’ll need to audition the Linn sound at some point. Ok, so the latest Linn updates may not be available but potentially I am reducing the box count to 2 from the current count of 8. And removing the neEd for one pair of speakers.

LSPC

LSPC
Wammer
Sep 19, 2020
Poole,Dorset
AKA
Lee.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An Akurate System Hub with an Exaktbox (or two) will also do surround.
This would need a surround module is that correct ? are these still going to be available now that Akurate is deceased ? might have to try to source one in case in the future I want to go that way.

Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This would need a surround module is that correct ? are these still going to be available now that Akurate is deceased ? might have to try to source one in case in the future I want to go that way.
You don't need a surround module in the Akurate. But you would then need an external surround processor. I have an Oppo that will certainly handle the task, but I prefer to use the surround processing of the Akurate Kontrol AV.

Nondigital Paul

Wammer
Jan 29, 2020
Do you mock me?
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m leaning towards Selekt as it appears to be Linns focus for the future And I would like to ditch the AVP). Almost their new LP12 like thing being so modular. I have noticed that there are two versions, one with a cast aluminium case (what else Would they offer? 😀). Almost double the cost though.

Reactions: formann

ccc

New Wammer
Apr 9, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I went from Majik Aktiv Ninkas to Exaktbox-i, and it was great. I haven't had Naim in my system in a decade, but I can assure you that Akurate Exakt (with SPACE) is really good. It's not Naim in yer face, but it's subtleties and transparency will beguile you.

Reactions: Geektastic and LSPC

Ben Webster

System doesn‘t matter - if you have mine
Wammer
Dec 16, 2019
Frankfurt a.M. 🇩🇪
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have to agree that AEB-I even with the relatively modest M140’s is enchanting.

I really must never, ever hear the full Klimax Exakt Organik system because I’ll end up selling the house to buy it!
Also systems below Klimax level can play great, when everything is setup perfectly and is in harmony.

Hope that helps to keep your house 😜

Dasher

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I run exactly this: an ASH into Akurate Exaktbox-i and active Keilidhs. I've had the Keilidhs since new back in the mid 90's and have single amped, bi amped, try amped, analogue active and digital active with Exakt. They work fantastically well with the AEB-i. Mine's Katalyst - and it does make an audible difference - but I previously ran them with a Majik EB-i (non Kat) and was still very happy. I have them in a difficult room and, quite honestly, without SO, good HiFi would be a waste of money in it. Keilidhs are cheap as chips these days and an AEB-i just makes them sing!

Dasher

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My dealer highly recommended keeping my Keilidhs. I was up for replacing them with something newer but he just pulled his face and shook his head.
I'd keep the Keilidhs, Go ASH/AEB-i instead of Selekt and with the pennies saved then I'd move on the Lingo 4 and Buy an Ak Radikal to match the ASH!! Cant't think where I git that idea from!
IMG_1456.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles