Any plans for 2023?

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been well busy this year having lots of fun. I'm now looking for the mintiest pair of GEC and Mullard loaded Quad IIs I can find. My plan is vigilance and patience !
So you have a cunning plan then Ian😝

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My plans For the coming year are to get to the back end of it with Hilary getting a clean bill of health so we can start planning the rest of our lives And we can stop isolating from the world I'm becoming a hermit.

Coming a lowly second is fitting my fettled Benz Wood sl and giving it a good running in then reviewing it on here.

I am very happy with my system with nothing to do to it that would'nt cost a bloody fortune.
I thought I would update our plans for 2023 with some great news.....

Hilary has completed her Chemotherapy and is slowly recovering from the onslaught of all the toxic chemicals put in her. Had an MRi scan to reveal the lump has now gone completely so she has now had surgery to remove an area around where the lump was and is also recovering from that too.

We have an appt soon to discuss the Histology findings and where treatment goes from here. We are now out of full isolation but need to be careful still.

Anyway if things continue to go well I am hopeful of holding a Bakeoff around August/September and also Anthony & I will deffo be at the Wam Show with our set up which I am delighted about.

We are also hopeful we can get a holiday or two in as well somewhere warm & exotic.
Steve. MVJ.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought I would update our plans for 2023 with some great news.....

Hilary has completed her Chemotherapy and is slowly recovering from the onslaught of all the toxic chemicals put in her. Had an MRi scan to reveal the lump has now gone completely so she has now had surgery to remove an area around where the lump was and is also recovering from that too.

We have an appt soon to discuss the Histology findings and where treatment goes from here. We are now out of full isolation but need to be careful still.

Anyway if things continue to go well I am hopeful of holding a Bakeoff around August/September and also Anthony & I will deffo be at the Wam Show with our set up which I am delighted about.

We are also hopeful we can get a holiday or two in as well somewhere warm & exotic.
Steve. MVJ.
Nice one Steve ❤️ chemo is a bummer but a life saver (speaking from experience of course 😊) wish her all the best mate.

SAP

New Wammer
Mar 26, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dip my toe into the bewildering world of options for DAC's, transports, streamers, rippers etc to hear what will improve on my current Rega Apollo CDP, Sonos Connect and Exposure Dac module.
With an overall budget of about £3k - maybe a bit more if purchased in stages.

I also need to find homes for old kit (would rather not chuck them) such as a 1986 Technics hifi cabinet, 1986 Wharfedale Mach 3 speakers and 1993 Mission 780's (bookshelf speakers). Taken out of storage to get rid of, but have been in my listening room for the past year.
Hi what is the Technics cabinet like do
You still Have it ?? Tks Steve

Pressure

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Sheffield, , United
AKA
Paul
2023 plans:

Done:
  • replace wall to wall rack in AV room with new smaller custom rack and get speakers on stands (this has been a massive project)
Will do:
  • new stands for AV room speakers (arriving today)
  • on-wall room treatment for AV room (at last!!!!)
  • new monitors with room correction for the 2 channel room (probably Genelec 8330, maybe with a 7350 sub although I probably don’t need it)
Might do:
  • maybe a new OLEd TV
  • maybe a stereo Preamp and streamer for the AV room so I can play music in there
  • maybe some head phones - Sennheiser hd600s
  • maybe a DJ controller for the 2 channel room - Pioneer FLX10 looks fun and is the new hotness
Hoping for more digital releases of old dancehall tunes, if someone could do all the big 56 Hope Road releases I would happy. Also Azuli records old house and garage stuff.

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My digital is old by today's standards. Got a Lumin U1X to add some streaming smarts. And if the stars align, should have a new dac by Christmas. Esoteric N-01XD or a Lampizator. But will mostly be either the esoteric N-05XD or the N-01XD.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Plans for this year?

Plan one was to start restoring some of the garage collection to make some space. A start has been started and progress is progressing.

Plan two was to get on with some of the work on the house. Plan two has commenced and there will shortly be many holes in walls, no driveway and some considerable mess and chaos for a while.

Plan three was to get on with all the DIY builds. Plan three is not going quite so well, though many more assorted parts have been accumulated (which was not really part of the plan).

Plan four was to spend as near zero as possible on 'other' hifi. Plan four was going rather splendidly until I made contact with Definitive Audio. It has to be said that plan four is now not going quite as planned.

Plan five was to not buy any more LPs or CDs. Plan five is now officially classified as a disaster.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Those are the best sort of plans, Richard. I congratulate you on a marvellous achievement all round :)

In a similar vein, I said I wouldn't be spending anything on hi-fi this year while I saved some money for a new cartridge. One SACD player, one interconnect and two sets of speaker cables later.... maybe that's not quite going to plan either. Mind you at least I've successfully not bought a cartridge!

• Haha
Reactions: newlash09

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Those are the best sort of plans, Richard. I congratulate you on a marvellous achievement all round :)

In a similar vein, I said I wouldn't be spending anything on hi-fi this year while I saved some money for a new cartridge. One SACD player, one interconnect and two sets of speaker cables later.... maybe that's not quite going to plan either. Mind you at least I've successfully not bought a cartridge!
Definitive apart, I've also somehow managed to buy a cartridge and a CD transport. It isn't even the end of March yet :(

Boycie

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2010
Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had no intention of buying anything this year. Now a pair of headphones and a secondhand Chord mojo later, I'm now looking at a Chord Qutest for the main system to see if it will better the internal dac in my Cambridge CXN v2.

Oh well, best laid plans........

Reactions: newlash09 and DomT

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My issues have got issues, so do my plans. So I decided not to plan, now my issues are gone. :giggle:
Till when I decide to plan?

• Haha
Reactions: newlash09

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online