Anybodies footy team need a result for the last game?

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We (Forest) are trailing the second auto promotion spot by 1 point with 1 game left, we need Bristol City to lose or draw and we need to win, unfortunately Bristol City are playing a team that are already relegated, so whether thay put up much of a fight or not should affect that result.

I dont fancy the play offs, we're never any good at it
sad.png

Anyone else in the same boat? I think the sheep shaggers and a few others in the championship are close at the top, I hope they dont go up cause I'll never live it down.

alexg

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2006
, ,
Nope, our season ended yesterday.

Our last game (v Norwich at home) determines whether we finish 8th, 9th or 10th.

Before the season started I would've been delighted with this finish; with 20/20 hindsight I feel a little let down that a lack of a gamble by our board in the January window cost us a playoff spot at least. Derby's board did back the manager and look where they are.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I support QPR - 6 weeks ago I could see us hanging on by the skin of our teeth but 4 wins out of 6 and we're ok for another year. I hope anyone needing a result in the last 2/3 games will get what they need.

G

We (Leeds) needs whats commonly known in the game as amiracle of Biblical proprtions. If i was six or seven years of agei would gladly cry my eyes out. But as i'm forty-one i'll have to make out my hay fever is really playing up.
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif

I went to my daughters U12 cup final this morning and they won 2-0 :eek:j:but i couldn't help noticing the poor goalkeeper from the opposing team crying her eyes out at the end. The kids who won never noticed but when you've done a few proverbial laps of the fottball pitch of life, well my heart went out to her. Yep its a leveller alright. It may seem funny to some that football takes such an important place in some peoples lifes but as Bill Shankly said..... well you all know the quote

alexg

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 23, 2006
, ,
Duvet wrote:

We (Leeds) needs whats commonly known in the game as amiracle of Biblical proprtions.
I think what you are going to get is what's commonly known in the courts as an Administration Order.

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fulham are looking a bit precarious ATM

Liverpool at home and Middlesborough awy are the last 2 games and we really need a win.

harv

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jan 5, 2006
deepest S.London, ,
AKA
erm... guess
We've (everton) got a big game against Pompey to try a secure a place in the Uefa cup. Got Chelsea away last day of the season. Everyone else around us winning, with us blowing a 2 goal lead this w/end hasn't helped:grrr:.

Just hope Reading lose tonight
pray.gif.84955f3b1709939cd9186fd2e3d88a8e.gif

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mid table mediocrity for us :Dbut after the previous 2 seasons with O'Dreary in charge I'm actually happy with that. ending the season quite nicely and might even look forward to next season.

Local derby with Small Heath to look forward to
biggrin.png

reg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 27, 2006
, ,
Hopefully winning our game in hand should see us there but it would be helpful if one of Everton, Bolton or Portsmouth slip up to let the Spurs into a UEFA place.

Everton vs Portsmouth is the biggie.

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
griffo104 wrote:

Mid table mediocrity for us :Dbut after the previous 2 seasons with O'Dreary in charge I'm actually happy with that. ending the season quite nicely and might even look forward to next season.Local derby with Small Heath to look forward to
biggrin.png
I'm pleased O'neil and Robertson are doing well, they obviously learnt a lot from the master
wink.png

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Matt J wrote:

griffo104 wrote:
Mid table mediocrity for us :Dbut after the previous 2 seasons with O'Dreary in charge I'm actually happy with that. ending the season quite nicely and might even look forward to next season.Local derby with Small Heath to look forward to
biggrin.png
I'm pleased O'neil and Robertson are doing well, they obviously learnt a lot from the master
wink.png
It is quite obvious isn't it
biggrin.png

Shame to see Forest where they are at the moment, good luck with either snatching that last automatic spot or in the play offs.

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
reg wrote:

Hopefully winning our game in hand should see us there but it would be helpful if one of Everton, Bolton or Portsmouth slip up to let the Spurs into a UEFA place.Everton vs Portsmouth is the biggie.
oh my god, are you a Tot? You have my sympathies
tongue.png
. We could start an Arsenal-Tots mutual abuse thread
biggrin.png

Our (The Arsenal's) only significant contribution to the end of the season would be to affect other team's opportunities.

I hope we piss on Chelsea's fading title hopes by beating them on Sunday. Would love to hear Moanrinho having a pop.

last day game against portsmouth may also impact on their UEFA cup hopes.

reg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 27, 2006
, ,
Anthony wrote:

reg wrote:
Hopefully winning our game in hand should see us there but it would be helpful if one of Everton, Bolton or Portsmouth slip up to let the Spurs into a UEFA place.Everton vs Portsmouth is the biggie.
oh my god, are you a Tot? You have my sympathies
tongue.png
. We could start an Arsenal-Tots mutual abuse thread
biggrin.png

Our (The Arsenal's) only significant contribution to the end of the season would be to affect other team's opportunities.

I hope we piss on Chelsea's fading title hopes by beating them on Sunday. Would love to hear Moanrinho having a pop.

last day game against portsmouth may also impact on their UEFA cup hopes.
The logic in me says that even Spurs can't F*ck things up from here. BUt I have been proved wrong so many times.

Portsmouth and Everton need to play each other and then Arse/Chelsum respectively.

Bolton have an easier run in but Sam leaving will affect them badly I would think.

However, Reading will probably sneak in there.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Good luck to everyone other than West Ham. £5.5mill fine is fucking meaningless if they stay up. Look at the points deduction AFC Wimbledon got for fielding an ineligable player, was only reduced when it was raised in Parliament and they still got a points deduction.

I like West Ham by the way, just think the decision is wrong.

Cheers BB

PS Congratulations to Blunderland, it's nice to have the 3 North Eat teams in the top flight.

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Brown Bottle wrote:

Good luck to everyone other than West Ham. £5.5mill fine is fucking meaningless if they stay up. Look at the points deduction AFC Wimbledon got for fielding an ineligable player, was only reduced when it was raised in Parliament and they still got a points deduction.I like West Ham by the way, just think the decision is wrong.

Cheers BB

PS Congratulations to Blunderland, it's nice to have the 3 North Eat teams in the top flight.
Yeah, nice to see another one of cloughies lads doing the biz
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Best 2 managers in the last 30 years as tutors you're bound to pick up something
biggrin.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0