Wammer
Nov 28, 2009
Devon United kingdom
AKA
TONY
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with with PSVANE 845 Hi-Fi Series and/or "T1 and T2" series tubes?

Interested to know how they sounded and if possible how one compared with the other.

My Amps came with standard plain Shuguang 845 tubes and as good as they sound, am thinking of trying some rolling and getting some back-up tubes for the future - but as I need 2 matched pairs it ain't gonna be cheap - so want to by wisely.

Frizzy brizzy

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 3, 2013
New forest
AKA
Laurie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, I got a newish pair of psvane 845 this summer to replace some art audio own brand 845 type that came with a Carissa. I only have knowledge of these two valves, but the psvane was a big step up, cleaner clearer, with sharper dynamics and a much bigger soundstage with sweeter highs, they were both sharper and warmer, and musically well sorted.

cost me £200 a pair with barely 50 hrs on them I think a good buy. They were a good tube to my ears.

I'm currently trying to find people who have heard the 32b 52b or 300bx all relatively new designs from Easter Europe , I admit to recently blowing a 32b inserting poorly into new jota. You would have thought someone my age would know better?

any how, liked the psvane from limited exposure.

hifitony

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 28, 2009
Devon United kingdom
AKA
TONY
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Laurie - thanks for the info - which PSVANES were they the HiFi Series or the reference T1 or T2?

Sorry can't help with the other valves as my amps also each sport a pair of Cary's own label 300b's.

Hi Steve - Fair point - I think? - Mine have probably 300 hours plus on them so hopefully a reasonable comparison can be made when I settle on what to get.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles