Anyone willing/able to repair a pair of KEF T27s?

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I currently have a pair of blown T27s, 1 needs the coil replacing and the other needs the dome and coil doing.
The parts are cheap enough on fleabay however I'm not sure I have the skills/patience to disassemble them. I know I definitely don't have the requisite skills to solde the thin lead out wires.
Is there anybody on here who'd be willing to take this on? I don't mind paying for your time as these tweeters are now selling for stupid money and I'd like to have spares to keep my 104ab running.

Last edited:

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I currently have a pair of blown T27s, 1 needs the coil replacing and the other needs the dome and coil doing.
The parts are cheap enough on fleabay however I'm not sure I have the skills/patience to disassemble them. I know I definitely don't have the requisite skills to solde the thin lead out wires.
Is there anybody on here who'd be willing to take this on? I don't mind paying for your time as these tweeters are now selling for stupid money and I'd like to have spares to keep my 104ab running.

I'll check with a dealer / electronics wizard I know first John . I know his speciality is valve amps but recently brought a 40 year old pair of speakers back to life .

Reactions: Lurch

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
John I know that Andrew would be able to repair them and he might have some already working that he could offer as an exchange . Only issue is that Andrew is always really busy so it may take a while for him to be able to get round to them . His work which I have used a few times now is excellent .

https://www.anapeachloudspeakerrestoration.co.uk/

Reactions: Tony_J

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers Andrew, will give him a bell tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles