Linn Owners

Armlift replacement krane arm

Faxe

New Wammer
Dec 18, 2021
Today the dealer replaced the armlift of my Krane arm. Since I bought my LP12 when the needle was landing at the LP while using the armlift it jumped inwards a couple of grooves by some LP's. With the new armlift this has been fixed :)

In the beginning Linn wasn't very cooperative with fixing this problem, they said the problem will go away after breaking in the armlift.

dikki

Wammer
Aug 5, 2019
Amsterdam
www.dikki.nl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh wow. Sometimes happens to me as well, with my Ekos SE.

I have the feeling the lift sometimes goes down rather quickly. Arm lifts I had in the past were slower and didn't have this problem.

Do you think in your case your lift also was too quick in going down?

Faxe

New Wammer
Dec 18, 2021
I don't have any reference for this with other armlift so I don't know it myself. According to my dealer the armlift was actually to slow compared to other krane arms they have delivered sofar. I would contact your dealer about this.

dikki

Wammer
Aug 5, 2019
Amsterdam
www.dikki.nl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't have any reference for this with other armlift so I don't know it myself. According to my dealer the armlift was actually to slow compared to other krane arms they have delivered sofar. I would contact your dealer about this.
That is good to know, thanks.

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, slow descent would do it; first contact with the rotating disc could flick it inward.

’troll

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
At the beginning of most records there is a small lip. As the stylus is being lowered it can hit high up on the lip and not in the groove. It can then sometimes slide in a couple of grooves. A very slow cueing device can definitely make this worse. Since very few records are truly flat, especially at the lip, the slow descent can make it bump on the lip a couple of times before being able to settle into the groove.

This tendency also seems to vary with stylus shape. I found the Akiva and Kandid to be more sensitive to it than some others. The best bet with those cartridges, or others that exhibit this, is to cue down a little further in from the lip. Once I mentioned this to customers the problem generally went away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E600