ART Expression V6

U

Umberto

Well I got my new speakers today. Art Expression V6s and boy oh boy oh boy am i pleased with them. Happy as a pig in shit is more like it.

These speakers are just incredible for thier size. Fairly compact floorstanders built like the proverbial brick shit house. They are single wired with WBT terminals and a large acrylic plate on which they are mounted along with the port. They sit on an oversize plinth with nice chunky spikes. Plus they look fantastic in a superbly finished real wood veneer maple.

Current System

CDP - Bow Wizard 2

Pre Amp - Bow Warlock

Power Amp - Bow Walrus

Cables - JPS Labs Superconductor fx Balanced, Krystal Kables Silver Balanced, Atlas Apex Speaker Cable

Sound quality wise they are just incredible. Voices sound very real and instruments hava palbability which i have only heard from some much more expensive speakers.

Listening to Antonio Forcione with Sabina Sliubba meet me in London, you can hear the inflections in her voiceand the subtle variations as she tries to conveythe emotion in the lyrics.

Bill Bruford Earthworks Footloose and Fancy Free sounds pretty much like beingin jazz club and in my small room of 4x3 metres thats no mean feat. Sounstage is superb but somewhat limited by my small room. Having said that these speakers can be placed close to a rear wall and still sound good.

Lambchop Nixon again excels on voices. Paul Burches crooning and slightly off key voice is rendered with emotion and supreme clarity.

Kate Bush Ariel. Again its the voice that seems to really shine. On " King of the mountain" Kates voice is notable for its subtle increases and decreases in volume.

You may be getting the impression that voices are the speakers forte, but youwould be oh so wrong if you did. These speakers do so many things so well. The rasp of a saxaphone, the strum of a guitar string all conveyed with accuracy and, more improtantly, you get a sense of what the artist intended.

All that and these speakers are still running in, so should only get better.

In short, if you are in the market for speakers at this price, you owe it to yourself to get a listen to these.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
lucky git
wink.png

enjoy Umberto - I want a pair
sad.png

G

:dude:Ah the pig in shit syndrome is a beautigul thing to behold. Enjoy mate. A late night beckons. Aerial is nothing short of stunning production wise and the better the kit the better it gets

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
(fingers in ears) not listening. Not looking either

Well done, Umberto. Enjoy the shit:cool:

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Congratulations.

Fine speakers. Bet they get better as they break in but don't sound too shoddy new.

Counting the months to mine.

Enjoy.

Yoda

U

Umberto

They really are a bit spesh Kenny, but you know that already
wink.png

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
have known it for the best part of a year
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

glad you got yours at last
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Marco

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2005
Wrexham, North Wales
Congrats, Umberto, on ya new speekaz!

Enjoy
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

I'll be coming up norf again in a few weeks,and would like to check out the Vanni music centre. Maybe a sesh with AK, too,and a few beers?
drink.gif.6f7d3d6d7cb2343460c5da8ec253b816.gif

Marco

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2005
Wrexham, North Wales
Lol, Rudi.

I've already met Paul and got on with him very well.

As for him being my "type", well, although Paul is rather sexy in his own way,I tend toprefer them more girly, and with marginally larger breasts
tongue.png
;)

U

Umberto

Marco wrote:

Lol, Rudi.I've already met Paul and got on with him very well.

As for him being my "type", well, although Paul is rather sexy in his own way,I tend toprefer them more girly, and with marginally larger breasts
tongue.png
;)
Shit. I'm outa here!

G

Marco wrote:

I tend toprefer them more girly, and with marginally larger breasts
tongue.png
;)
more like yersel then, if I were you I wouldn't go out with a girl with smaller breasts than yersel, so yeah, need to be much bigger than mine
biggrin.png

U

Umberto

Well i've had these for a few weeks now and boy am i enjoying them.
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif
Moved them about half a metre from the rear wall and toed them in slightly. This removed a slight thickening on vocals that had been noticeable before.

Now they've had a chance torun in, thought i'd update you on thier progress.

The level of detail, micro and macro, is astounding. You can hear the slightest little inflection e.g.lips moving and on the flip side the level of prescence in the midband is just WOW!
dribble.gif.d7c791c8c1fcd106b5acaa26ef2a6658.gif

Heard the standard Emotions at Chezi's last Sunday and these aint far behind. Just don't have the scale of the Emotions but everthing else is there. They also do dynamics and soundstage. Got instruments coming ffom all angles.

They also handle high volume with aplomb.I was slightly nervous of taking the volume up at first butthe speakers just seem to cry out for more.In my small room the treble can become slightlypronounced at EXTREMELY high volume (i'm talking ear splitting levels
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
), probably due to the fact that they are quite close to the side walls. The treble is never harsh, however, and still retains its detail.

Ibelieve speakers should be about more than converting the mechanical movement of the cones into sound. The music should flow through and grab you and with these speakers it most certainly does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles