Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had no idea they made these speakers in Troon, if I had I would have visited as stayed on the Quay front on the way to Ardrossin ferry last year, having read this thread they sound amazing especially as they as ‘tuned’ to valve amps, anyone tried the smaller stand mount speakers as opposed to the floor standing ones ?
They put the same care and development into all the loudspeakers. Give them a ring and see if they can arrange a home dem for you?

At the end of the day you need to get your ears around them as one man's musical nirvana is another man's earache. The one thing I can say is I have yet to have had an adverse response from anyone that has heard an Art loudspeaker regarding the sound (but the price may be a different matter)

Reactions: hifinutt

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
heard a beautiful pair of art stilletto today . the original version . quite small but still very impressive . beautifully made
Was that the floor standing 6’s or the stand mounted monitor version. Still haven’t found a compact floorstander that work better in my system. So I’ll be sticking with mine,even better after a couple of tweaks😉

Stumpyjack1

Wammer
Apr 16, 2023
York
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I recently bought a pair of Art Deco 10 signatures. One previous owner had traded them with a local dealer and I couldn’t resist buying them to see how they would work in my room. Early days but I’m still smiling so far. I’m surprised at how flexible they are with positioning and currently working out where sounds best. Very different to my Harbeth super hl5 40th anniversary’s so I’ve put them into storage for now.

Attachments

• CE9E4ECD-047F-4FC1-BDE2-DCFBB742BD77.jpeg
    CE9E4ECD-047F-4FC1-BDE2-DCFBB742BD77.jpeg
    780.7 KB · Views: 32

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Dunlop brothers (Art Acoustics) are tube boys and tune their speakers using low output valve amps,maybe why Art speakers tend to be quite efficient compared to similar designs.
They actually used a Sugden A21 until shortly after doing the Dram range of speakers. I understand they have been using a Hafler DH200 for a while now for the new Emotion, Expression and a new Impression (two box unit rather than the three box originals) development.

They used to use EAR 509s and an old Amcron DC300A with an Audionics B2 preamp and a Sony TA N88B, along with the Sugden for quite a while. Their development ethos is as high efficiency (for the Tube SET lovers and the low wattage Class A lovers) and as flat a response as they can make it.

Reactions: I.D.S.

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They actually used a Sugden A21 until shortly after doing the Dram range of speakers. I understand they have been using a Hafler DH200 for a while now for the new Emotion, Expression and a new Impression (two box unit rather than the three box originals) development.

They used to use EAR 509s and an old Amcron DC300A with an Audionics B2 preamp and a Sony TA N88B, along with the Sugden for quite a while. Their development ethos is as high efficiency (for the Tube SET lovers and the low wattage Class A lovers) and as flat a response as they can make it.
The Sugden A21 marriage is excellent (I own a A21 a-L Signature) and it is a superb combo...

I also have a fully rebuilt Leak Stereo 20 valve amp. This too is excellent with my Arts.

There's little in it imo, the Arts are keepers and both amps are fantastic bedmates with them.

• Love
Reactions: uzzy

omegatt

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 20, 2008
Shrewsbury, ,
AKA
Tony
The Sugden A21 marriage is excellent (I own a A21 a-L Signature) and it is a superb combo...

I also have a fully rebuilt Leak Stereo 20 valve amp. This too is excellent with my Arts.

There's little in it imo, the Arts are keepers and both amps are fantastic bedmates with them.
Opinions from ART owners regarding these beauties as a first and hopefully end game into the brand, bit of veneer lifting at the back apparently.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404217213552

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Opinions from ART owners regarding these beauties as a first and hopefully end game into the brand, bit of veneer lifting at the back apparently.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404217213552
They look very similar to mine, except three way. Not sure if they use Alnico drivers as it doesn't say. Price is good for those.

If you pair them well with a decent amp, you will be very happy. Of that I have no doubt.

Ask where the footers are as they are missing in the pics.

Finally, mine are very unfussy with placement and they can be placed quite near rear walls with no issue (if you need to do this).

Enjoy, if you buy them!

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021

Which is why when i bought mine they were a little surprised when i said i was using them in a Naim system. Poor recordings not withstanding i feel they've worked out alright after all these years:)

Reactions: uzzy

Richievat

New Wammer
Apr 19, 2023
Hertfordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi everyone. New to this forum but wanted to join this thread in particular. I have a pair of ART Emotion Monitor speakers and have loved them since i bought them in 2010. There is something about the tone of them which gets me every time.

I just wish they had a higher profile. But I guess the positive flip side to that is that second hand prices are a bargain!

Attachments

• 6CEBC24E-B4A2-492E-AFFC-5FF55D4DDC22.jpeg
    6CEBC24E-B4A2-492E-AFFC-5FF55D4DDC22.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16

Richievat

New Wammer
Apr 19, 2023
Hertfordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They look very similar to mine, except three way. Not sure if they use Alnico drivers as it doesn't say. Price is good for those.

If you pair them well with a decent amp, you will be very happy. Of that I have no doubt.

Finally, mine are very unfussy with placement and they can be placed quite near rear walls with no issue (if you need to do this).

Enjoy, if you buy
The tweeter is definitely the SEAS crescendo which was pretty popular with ART.

Suspect these would be endgame speakers for most people and would have been at least £10k new.

I have to say if it wasn’t for the fact I am about to love house I would have properly thought about it. If they are still around in a few months time I might make a cheeky offer!

Mr Kandid

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Same company used to be called Dunlopwestayr.
Same group as Systemdek turntables and before that was Ariston audio.

omegatt

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 20, 2008
Shrewsbury, ,
AKA
Tony

Enjoy, if you buy them!
Thanks for the positive comments, Alnico would be perfect but I suspect not, would have thought the dealer would have mentioned it if they were as a price premium I understand over the normal ones. Would be paired with a pair of Jadis JA 30 Mono's which belonged to Rabski of this parish many years ago. Footers, form pictures on google, I guess you mean the small puck like things that isolate the plinth from the floor. Will enquire and thanks again.

omegatt

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 20, 2008
Shrewsbury, ,
AKA
Tony
The tweeter is definitely the SEAS crescendo which was pretty popular with ART.

Suspect these would be endgame speakers for most people and would have been at least £10k new.

I have to say if it wasn’t for the fact I am about to love house I would have properly thought about it. If they are still around in a few months time I might make a cheeky offer!
Thanks , just need to think about logistics as they are 200+ miles North of me.

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Drive up. Hotel. Collect in morning. Drive home. Simples 👍

It will be worth the drive... Also a great price, imo.

Re the feet - search ART Alnico on here and my pair has some pics from a prev owner which clearly shows the feet. That pair are missing theirs. I've replaced mine with Gaia feet, which i can highly recommend!

Let us know how you get on if you buy them!

omegatt

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 20, 2008
Shrewsbury, ,
AKA
Tony
I sent a message to the eBay seller
Drive up. Hotel. Collect in morning. Drive home. Simples 👍

It will be worth the drive... Also a great price, imo.

Re the feet - search ART Alnico on here and my pair has some pics from a prev owner which clearly shows the feet. That pair are missing theirs. I've replaced mine with Gaia feet, which i can highly recommend!

Let us know how you get on if you buy them!
I sent a message to the seller, they have the feet, apart from the veneer apparently vgc. They did mention the veneer is lifting not just at the back, so it may be more extensive than I had thought. So I've decided not to pursue. However for anyone here interested they did say they would look at a "Chunky" discount on the price for anyone collecting from the shop. May be of interest to someone.

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
Lincolnshire Coast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Art produce some wonderful speakers. I've had several versions of the Stiletto; all excellent.

I'm considering their Emotion Alnico 5 model. I can't find a price anywhere for these; anyone know the price?

Reactions: Amormusic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles