For Sale Arthur Radford Custom Mono Blocks w. Passive Pre

For Sale

Ergot

Wammer
Oct 15, 2022
Wiltshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ok folks, this is your chance to grab a unicorn.

Arthur Radford built mono blocks, similar design to the original Mullard design, not wildly different from Beam Echo mono blocks.

These were a private commission built by Arthur for a chap that had commissioned a couple of other amps (long lost sadly). I bought them from the family of the late owner.

I spoke (and sent photos) with Will from Radford Revival who pointed out many “tells” such as the obvious transformers, to the more subtle L shaped metal brackets and even a couple of components that were exclusive/preferred by Arthur.

These work perfectly, I’ve personally used them for the last year or so without a single issue.

They sound absolutely beautiful, everyone that’s heard them says the same thing “I could listen to this all day everyday” and having done so for a year can confirm they are a joy from morning to night.

They are beautifully detailed, not too warm, natural and real sounding. I would guess they’re between 30-50w however they could be more, my speakers are +98db so I never had the volume over 50% (that was more than loud enough!). They really are a treasure.

Why am I selling them? Well I’ve just got the Lumley ST70 back after spending a king’s ransom on bringing it back from the dead and I must be honest, The Lumley is a monster and I want to play with it for the next twelve months or so. I am one of these odd folk that if forever buying kit but doesn’t like to hoard, essentially I seem very good at parting with money and kit with startling frequency
:D

The valves they use are as follows:

EZ81 - Mullard
EL34 - JJ kt77
EL34 - JJ kt77
6U8A - Silvana
EF86 - Mullard

Any questions, more pictures, photos of them with the covers off, pics of the passive pre, just ask

I won’t sell them separately or split them from the pre. I’d like these to go together and hopefully find a good home
:)

£2500 offers welcome, I’ve a weakness for moving coil exotica and would consider trades

unhurried demo with a cup of tea just off J16/M4 (swindon) welcome, most time available

IMG_2918.jpeg
817B9945-0447-4D31-A2C7-223F04DC30AC.jpeg

Ergot

Wammer
Oct 15, 2022
Wiltshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
well since the Lumley objected to one of its 6550’s i’ve since put these back into service and rewarded them with a Pass (clone) Aleph 1.7 preamp and they sound so good that the Lumley will be up for grabs soonish :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles