Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My HiFi listening has changed....more listening during the day. I've discovered my Hegel 190 can hum, especially during the day when all daily life "things" are on. All good in the evening.
Been in touch with Hegel support and they suggest a DC blocker...........has anyone got an ATL unit they wish to sell?

Thanks, trumpetman

Last edited:

sean

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 18, 2012
Amersham
AKA
Sean
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes they work. I have a JL Fathom sub-woofer and it "hummed". I got a JL DC Blocker free from JL Audio and it stopped it instantly. However I did have to spend £4.5k on said sub-woofer in the first place!
Sorry I cannot lend it out as it is in constant use......but just thought to assist by assuring you the idea works.

Reactions: trumpetman

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The small ifi one does the trick for me. Think they work better with solid state amps & can squash dynamics a bit with tubes. I don't know it's there, unlike some of the larger blockers, if space is an issue.
Good luck with your search.

wardth

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Tony Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Remember they only work with toroidal transformers. Zero effect with a frame style transformer. Also make sure the rating is sufficient when using with power amps......
Shouldn't have any effect on dynamics whatsoever - all you are doing is correcting the asymmetric waveform of the mains going into the unit. ATL are the brand to buy and are far superior to the small ones currently being sold for hifi use. https://www.atlhifi.com/

Lokes

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 15, 2010
Pontypridd
AKA
Aardvark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My HiFi listening has changed....more listening during the day. I've discovered my Hegel 190 can hum, especially during the day when all daily life "things" are on. All good in the evening.
Been in touch with Hegel support and they suggest a DC blocker........... what have you got that I could try to see if one would work?

Thanks, trumpetman
Hi
I've got an Audiolab DC blocker,
Yours for £65 delivered if you fancy it?

Jules

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Lokes thanks for your offer. I 've got an email back from Hegel and I need a device that has a full 10a rating. So unless someone has an ATL one they wish to sell I'm going to have to order new from them directly (y)

Reactions: Lokes

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After reading this I went to the ATL site and ordered one . Including shipping it was £94 . There will of course be UK VAT and worse still a collection fee which is often more than the VAT but what the hell .

Now if this works and I will come back and say then it stays . If not then it getting sold at a hopefully small loss to me . So if you are not in a rush then watch this space .

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After reading this I went to the ATL site and ordered one . Including shipping it was £94 . There will of course be UK VAT and worse still a collection fee which is often more than the VAT but what the hell .

Now if this works and I will come back and say then it stays . If not then it getting sold at a hopefully small loss to me . So if you are not in a rush then watch this space .
Hi @bencat - that's a really nice offer, a review from a wammer if it works or a sale if you want to sell it on. Count me in!!(y)Keep in touch

Reactions: bencat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.