Wammer
Wammer
Apr 2, 2007
Cambridge
AKA
Gregg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT720 Blu-ray/Freeview box, hooked up to a Panasonic TX-P50VT65 plasma TV, with an HDMI cable.

The audio out from the Freeview box is hooked up to the hifi, and we use the tuner in the Freeview box, to watch TV.

Listening to the audio through the hifi, the sound is noticeably behind the TV picture.

Why??

This same hook up worked with the previous freeview box and tv.

I don't understand why a different freeview box should matter, nor a different tv, as I always use the audio out from the freeview box, to send to the hifi.

Thanks

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this an analogue out on phono's Gregg?

Just a thought but if so try a digital feed if your box/pvr has one & see if the lip synch behaviour remains the same.....I'd also try an optical out from your TV into your Leema Dac too. Worth trying as it may just do the trick.

catcando

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 2, 2007
Cambridge
AKA
Gregg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the replies.

I am using the analogue output from the freeview box, on phonos, to the integrated amp.

This was the connections that I have used on all previous setups, and it always worked fine.

There is a delay setting on the tv, and I have tried it. It does make it better, but there is not enough adjustment, to completely sync.

I just don't understand why there is a problem, when the video and audio, are coming from the same source; the freeview box, and only with this new combination, of tv and freeview box.

catcando

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 2, 2007
Cambridge
AKA
Gregg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is a 1080p tv, and as far as I know, the output of the freeview box is the same.

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Think it can be sheer bad luck Gregg out of the myriad of different equipment permutations possible a high percentage don't seem to encounter these issues.

I'd still try the optical direct from your TV into the Leema instead...as you don't seem to be saying there are problems using the built in speakers on the TV when fed from your PVR via HDMI. I reckon theirs a fair chance that you shouldn't encounter lip synch issues. Deffo worth a shot. I've never encountered this problem in my setup & I'm doing additional pass thru stuff for increased flexibility. :geek:

catcando

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 2, 2007
Cambridge
AKA
Gregg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Chris

Thanks for trying to help.

The tv is in our sitting room, and the Leema is out in the music room.

After doing some more reading of the manuals, I think it may be a setting I can change on the freeview box. I am trying to keep the setup as simple as possible, so my wife can use it. She hates all this technology, and I had it, so all she had to do was switch the integrateds source switch to the correct input, and audio came from the hifi, and we muted the tv. I want to keep it like that, so the setup needs to stay as it is.

I will play around with settings tomorrow, and get back to you.

I think part of the problem with this new tv/freeview combination, is the number of settings available.

The same freeview box worked with the old Panasonic plasma, with just being hooked up!

Again, many thanks for the assistance.

Think it can be sheer bad luck Gregg out of the myriad of different equipment permutations possible a high percentage don't seem to encounter these issues. I'd still try the optical direct from your TV into the Leema instead...as you don't seem to be saying there are problems using the built in speakers on the TV when fed from your PVR via HDMI. I reckon theirs a fair chance that you shouldn't encounter lip synch issues. Deffo worth a shot. I've never encountered this problem in my setup & I'm doing additional pass thru stuff for increased flexibility. :geek:

Sir_Franc

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 10, 2005
East Sussex
AKA
Rick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've read this problem can be caused by the HDMI cable. Could be worth trying to unplug and reconnect it or use a different one.

G

I suffered with this for ages.

HDMI v1.3 supports auto-lip-sync. Basically the picture renderer (your TV) tells the other end how long it is taking to render pictures and the other end is supposed to inject an appropriate delay.

My guess would be that your old freeview box supported this and your new box either doesn't support it, or it isn't enabled.

Do you have "control for HDMI" enabled at both ends (TV and PVR/Blu-ray?). Personally I would turn on everything you can find regarding HDMI in the PVR/Blu-Ray box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online