SOLD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elberoth

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 21, 2008
Poland
Selling Avid Acutus SP turntable with matching Reference Mono PSU and Avid Acutus Full Cover (acrylic top cover costs 600 EUR extra from Avid).
Acutus_Reference_mono_PSU.jpg
The sheer size of the new power supply - which is bigger and heavier than 95% of poweramps - is an indication as to the leap in performance it brings to the table. Two Avid Acutus owners I know, who were very sceptical at first, bought it on the spot after a home demo (both switched from the single Reference PSU, not the basic one).

Lower noise floor, extension of both bass and treble responses and a significant dynamic improvement surpassing the Acutus Reference. But even more startling is the naturalness and intimacy of the performance.

The PSU has been designed way beyond most audio amplifiers and enables twin mono operation to power each motor coil. Not limiting performance to save cost the new power supply is truly mono, employing the contents of two full Reference power supplies. So yes, there are two 1000VA mains transformers, twin regulated power stages, two massive capacitor banks and double soft start boards, these vital to protect from the massive in-rush current potential that would attempt to draw nearly 100 amps of current when you switch on.

PSU have been bought in 2019, TT in 2010. All turntable belts have been replaced in 2020.

Both original TT carton and PSU flight case are provided.

All enquires welcome and will be answered in full. You can contact me both via email or we can talk on Whats App.

NO TRADES.

The TT is located in Warsaw, Poland. I can arrange an airport pickup if anyone would like to come over. Shipping within the EU ~ 150 EUR

PS. My feedback on AudiogoN is 477 and on AudioMarkt.de - 189. The TT is listed there. Both accounts are over 15 years old.

IMG_3172.jpg
Acutus_Reference_mono_PSU.jpg IMG_3172.jpg IMG_3173.jpg IMG_3174.jpg IMG_3176.jpg IMG_2662.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles