For Sale

FunkyGibbon

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2005
Kent, United Kingd
AKA
Mark
The Avondale ACD3 is an extensively modified Naim CD3. The CD3 uses a classic and very well-respected laser transport system combined with the classic Philips TDA1541 DAC chip. Les upgraded numerous components on the main board, adds a new clocking system, voltage regulation and provides an external bespoke PSU which provides the whole player with fully regulated solid, stable and clean power. This supplies a higher than Naim standard voltage which contributes to the substantially increased performance of the ACD3 over the stock CD3. It also has phono outputs fitted.

When released, Les described it as a Naim CDS beater. I've known Les for years and he is justifiably proud of his products and service, every one of his products I’ve heard is outstanding. The ACD3 is the most listenable, musical, organic and vinyl-like CD player I've ever heard and combines all the Naim virtues with a glorious transparency and clarity. It is simply sublime. It trounced my highly fettled Naim CD3.5 with HiCAP.

I am the first owner of this ACD3. It is in excellent condition.

I rang Les for his advice on pricing the ACD3 and he said, "no less than £850"! Les tells me that he can no longer make these as the colleague who did the work, sadly, passed away a few years ago. This has a new, genuine TDA1541 DAC chip fitted which I sourced from Cricklewood Electronics.

I asking £650 (firm).

This is *collection only* because I want to demo the machine before selling it so both parties are confident it is working properly before it leaves my care for pastures new. We might be able to work something out using the excellent Wam Taxi, however, I will not ship it because Les would not (and he should know).

I live near Sevenoaks at J5 of the M25. I work near Heathrow (lucky me!).

eLNMykH.jpg

d97SzOp.jpg

VvflfFo.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online